Clients! Clients everywhere!

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Zehren
Overlord

Clients! Clients everywhere!

#1 Post by Zehren » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:10 pm

For client discussion. (Mud clients, not "clients". As in being part of the thief guild. And having clients. Such as Yanna.)
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Skragna
Champion

Re: Clients! Clients everywhere!

#2 Post by Skragna » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

ZMUD and CMUD are, sadly, the only clients I like. I've tried about a dozen or so others and none of them are even remotely usable compared...

Zehren
Overlord

#3 Post by Zehren » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm

I personally use mushclient (except that circumstances have forced me to use telnet as of late). I think I am somewhat of an enigma, though - I do not actually use any of musclient's features. The IG alias system is enough to do everything I need to.

I played another mud before where the norm was triggers and aliases for everything. It was a sickening experience.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Sairina
Hero

#4 Post by Sairina » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 am

I use ALClient, don't know much about others, but this does all I need it to do.

isengoo
Champion

#5 Post by isengoo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I've been using Portal for a long time now and it has everything I need.

ghalt
Master

#6 Post by ghalt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Huge giant fan of tintin++. It's just a command line prompt that remembers aliases and triggers.

In practice, I use it like a telnet that isn't stupid and works with backspace/up key. But if I need to write an alias, I can just type, say "#alias wash {unpack fur;put fur in vat;scrape fur}" and it's done. I can then "#write tanning" and save the aliases I've made.

(Really, for geas, I only have about 4 multi-line aliases set, mostly so that doing alchemy stuff doesn't break my fingers right off. It can be a bit wordy.)

fernao
Champion

#7 Post by fernao » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:50 am

Have been using tf since I first started mudding in '91. I use it on Windows, Linux and OS X, depending on where I mud from. ;)
Life is but a butterflies dream

Drayn
Hero

#8 Post by Drayn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 am

Tintin++ is amazing! With a bit of coding know how, you can get some pretty advanced stuff going. I had numkey walking that took into account if I was climbing trees, macro keys that would set them self to the most appropriate function (so for example it'd change between a "climb down tree" or "flickup" depending on if I was climbing trees or not), toggles for wielding and unwielding weapons and so on. Gags are very useful for blotting out repetitive text, highlights are good for adding a bit of colour (I had all the health levels going from green, through yellow, orange then red, handy for at a glance statuses).

It has quite a good mapper too. I get terribly lost in my own head :D

Skragna
Champion

#9 Post by Skragna » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 pm

In just a few days, with luck, I'll be buying CMUD permanently. So, until then, I'm gonna be gone still.

Aslak
Master

#10 Post by Aslak » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:34 am

A rather nice new client is also Mudlet. http://www.mudlet.org. It is free and open source and heavily customizable via LUA. The mapper it has could be better, but can be programmed quite freely.

Skragna
Champion

#11 Post by Skragna » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 am

Tried all of the clients recommended here, mudlet included, and none of them feel comfortable enough to play. Sorry guys.