alt forum accounts

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

ceinna
Veteran

alt forum accounts

#1 Post by ceinna » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Curious if its preferred to have one account, or different for different characters?

Rudolpho
Professional

Re: alt forum accounts

#2 Post by Rudolpho » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I have different forum accounts for my characters... and I've know a lot of other people do as well. (Of course, I think everyone knows my alts these days anyway.)

ceinna
Veteran

#3 Post by ceinna » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Not I :lol:

Olrane
Champion

#4 Post by Olrane » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 pm

ceinna wrote:Not I :lol:
Meh. I am naive enough to believe that people should separate forum OOC knowledge from their IC behavior, so I prefer one account per player (and I'm always an advocate of heavy OOC disclosure).

louis
Champion

#5 Post by louis » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Meh. I am naive enough to believe that people should separate forum OOC knowledge from their IC behavior, so I prefer one account per player (and I'm always an advocate of heavy OOC disclosure).
Howdy,
we have quickly discussed that matter, and we strongly suggest one forum account per character.

The reasons are relatively simple - first, you will likely regret having disclosed your alts one day, and if your alts are once disclosed, there is no way back. And even if you maybe don't mind now, you maybe might mind in 2, 5 or 10 years.

Secondly please also keep in mind that some players really enjoy not to know your char's alts, and that these players might not really appreciate this kind of 'overinformation' you are forcing onto them via forum.

So, all in all, please keep your alts secret to the public, please do not disclose your alts in the forum and open one forum account per alt if needed.