Good MUD client for windows?

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Sairina
Hero

Good MUD client for windows?

#1 Post by Sairina » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:49 pm

I'm in desperate search for a client that can simplify my life in Geas - ideally without spending much money on it... So far I haven't found anything that even works, so I wonder what others might use here?

Blizt
Hero

#2 Post by Blizt » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Well, there is always MUSHclient. I dont really like it.
There is also the "free" old version of Zmud.
Or you can find a "cracked" Zmud, never had a problem with that. Of
course, I think it may be illegal as well.

I would say if you are looking for a free client, Mushclient or the old free edition of Zmud would work, however I dont think the free edition of Zmud works well with windows xp.

tarlon
Veteran

#3 Post by tarlon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:10 pm

I used the free old version of zmud for quite long here at home. As the old tf for windows versions weren`t realy good. Perhaps they changed with the latest updates not sure it is worth a try as tf is fairly nice( i use linux version of it now).
Olaf po Tarlon

Alamar
Master

#4 Post by Alamar » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:53 pm

I used Mushclient for awhile and it works ok. A few months ago I started using zmud and bought it for $30. Best money I've spent in quite some time.

-poAlamar

Olrane
Champion

#5 Post by Olrane » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:35 am

One of these days I'm going to break down and buy Zmud too, but for now I've been using Gmud. It's not fantastic, but it is free and not too hard to find.
It's way better than telnet - you have a separate line for your typing (and you can see where you're backspacing), you can scroll up to repeat entries, and it stores basic aliases, macros, and triggers. The bare minimum for a client, but you get what you pay for, right?

Hope you find something that works out for you.

poOlrane

isengoo
Champion

#6 Post by isengoo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:36 pm