Foodzies

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Andreati
Master

Foodzies

#1 Post by Andreati » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:42 pm

What are all your favorite foodzies? Specific foods, types of food, etc...

I'm a pretty picky eater--no fish, nothing stinky, nothing that looks like it should be in the trash; but I absolutely love Indian, Thai, Chinese, Middle-Eastern, Turkish, Peruvian and Italian foods --of most sorts. Specific foods I couldn't live without: Rice, Potatoes, Corn, Rice, Cheese, Bread, Rice, and Chicken :D And did I mention rice?
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

luminier
Overlord

#2 Post by luminier » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:06 am

sushi, spider roll owns all.

delem
Journeyman

#3 Post by delem » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Oh yeah, I love sushi, spider rolls too! I like California rolls as well, which is good. Besides from awesome sushi...

Chicken is always good, a nice barbeque outside, ribs, such and such. I try to avoid the fast foot places like McDonalds (I still go occasionally)

Also, Chinese food, stuff and stuff along those lines xD

I also hate fish. I only like a couple ones, like salmon and this one called tilapia

isengoo
Champion

#4 Post by isengoo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:54 am

chicken, beef, etc

Basically anything that was once alive and is now dead for me to consume. I love pissing off vegans.

Tatiana
Apprentice

#5 Post by Tatiana » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:45 pm

I like to eat tons of chocolate and candy and sometimes they serve as dinner ;) As for something more nutrimental I like chickens (kentucky fried too!), spaghetti and mostly anything that contains cheese in any form.

Plus, I really hate carrots.

Naga
Hero

#6 Post by Naga » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:11 pm

No meat, but I cook plenty of fresh vegetables like brussels sprouts, parsnips, spinach, and asparagus, which I usually eat with herbs and olive oil or a vinegar sauce. This, along with steamed grains such as millet, barley, buckwheat, brown rice, or quinoa, is my main source of sustenance.

When I feel extravagant, I will eat some sort of seafood, my recent favorites being sea cucumber, a spongy wormlike sea creature with an unusual texture, and tiny raw whole octopuses in chili oil.

I drink about 4 pots of tea per day (pu-erh or green), and am constantly sipping seltzer.

endellion
Journeyman

#7 Post by endellion » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Fresh fruits and veggies, and dried fruits for snacks! And fish, I love sushi and calamari... and chicken... and *yummy*

I just like food...

For treats, my weakness is definately chocolate covered pretzels...

Vargrahim
Master

#8 Post by Vargrahim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:03 am

Food is stuff you eat to survive.. nothing I usually give more than 10 minutes =)

My favourite? Hmm... There's plenty. Pickled herring, potatoes, sour cream and a bit of vodka is good.
"The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of the evil." - Albert Einstein

Delmon
Champion

#9 Post by Delmon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Bagels! Cereal! Whole milk! Meat, some good ole' chicken or hamburgers!
Broccoli is good too.

Andreati
Master

#10 Post by Andreati » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:16 pm

Naga wrote:No meat, but I cook plenty of fresh vegetables like brussels sprouts, parsnips, spinach, and asparagus, which I usually eat with herbs and olive oil or a vinegar sauce.

When I feel extravagant, I will eat some sort of seafood, my recent favorites being sea cucumber, a spongy wormlike sea creature with an unusual texture, and tiny raw whole octopuses in chili oil.
ARGH Naga! I think if I had your diet I would be dead by lunch time :P
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

nogem
Journeyman

#11 Post by nogem » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:57 pm

BBQ chicken is a must. Brauts (must have sauerkraut), short rib rigatoni, tequila or bourbon chicken, grilled lemon shark, lemon seasoned and smoked salmon on a bed of dirty rice (hold the gravy or sauce with this one, it detracts from the flavor), and cheese filled meatballs during the holidays (can't eat those year round, yikes). I have lots of beef recipes, as a good meatatarian should. I even enjoy a good salad - sparingly.

All in all though, a good rare steak and mash potatoes with the skin still on is king.
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.