Just WHAT do your friends do when they are drunk?

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Delia
Overlord

Just WHAT do your friends do when they are drunk?

#1 Post by Delia » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Mine are quite obsessive about playing a game of 'roman punishment'...you all can imagine the rest...
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Naga
Hero

#2 Post by Naga » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:27 am

Honestly? Usually there's a lot of cheerful conversation, people repeating themselves, on-the-spot songwriting and singing, gratuitous physical affection, bawdy stories, conspiracy theories, some lighthearted intellectual talk about everything from Marxist historiography to Aquinas. Things are less enjoyable, generally, when my friends are compelled to mix intoxicants with illegal psychoactives, which cause them to become rather sluggish and fond of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, or just watch cartoons. Seeing this (I am a very austere and sensitive) puts me in a pensive mood, not so much out of pity or spite, but a combination of sympathy motivated by love, a natural meekness, and introspection.

I excuse myself and meander through the streets alone, relishing the silence of a sleeping city, and either visit the shore, where black waves lick the limestone, and listen to my thoughts (with the sound of the waters and the winds, it is easy to focus and hear one's thoughts spoken inside the noise) as I look out into the distance where the waters and the horizon of the sky are indistinguishable in the dark haze of the night, or I return home to fall asleep.

endellion
Journeyman

#3 Post by endellion » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Drunken friends... Oh man... To my defense, I am a martial artist, and most of the people I keep company with socially are martial artists as well...

The last time we all got drunk together... I think we ended up in the ER by the morning... There was a broken wrist, and I think one of my friends broke his collarbone as well... So yeah... We do what any martial artist likes to do. We sit and spar... Or mud wrestle - theres a nifty mudpit at one of our houses...

Otherwise... we drink, then get into philosophical conversations which for some reason normally end up talking about form and various moves, which for some reason leads to... Hey, I have this idea, punch in for me so I can try it... Which invariably leads back to paragraph 2.

poEndellion

Andreati
Master

#4 Post by Andreati » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Well, as I'm a bit younger than lots of you here, I don't drink--and I try to keep an eye out that my friends don't either.

HOWEVER, there was this one incident where a friend of a friend thought that it would be a -great- idea to empty out an ice tea bottle and fill it up with beer--then bring it to school. And if that wasn't enough, he decided to bring refills/cans for his friends! They all ditched their classes and started drinking in the bathrooms. A teacher walked into the bathroom where they were all drinking during class-time, and as I hear it--some serious thrashing happened. Apparently a mirror broke between the time the teacher went in and the time the teacher's retaliation got there.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

ganandorf
Overlord

#5 Post by ganandorf » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:37 pm

party last night everybody was fucked
- grope other males, and females
- tell everybody "I love you"
- speak incoherent nonsense
- provess their secrets
- get tossed down the stairs by me
- get taped up at the arms and legs by me
- wake up in the morning with my name written all over them
- wake up in the morning and cannot move their arms or back because i have kicked their tails
- try to smoke pot
- try to steal booze
- midgits try to get into a fight with me
- phone eachother when 2 feet away from eachother
- die
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#6 Post by luminier » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am

man you forgot extreme violence and many attempted tackles.... lol almost makes me glad i didn't get wasted.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

tessa
Overlord

#7 Post by tessa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:32 am

I don't like the current violent generation. Bring back the love generation, they seemed better.

isengoo
Champion

#8 Post by isengoo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 am

Yelling, dancing, making out, sloppy sex (in that order). The usual for college students.

luminier
Overlord

#9 Post by luminier » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:22 am

lol sloppy sex? as opposed to what, thorough? XD ah im such a sucker for sex jokes.

ya violence when drunk is never cool. id rather just laugh as they fall down. but people who trip drunks... now thats just mean.

tessa
Overlord

#10 Post by tessa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:36 am

Yelling, dancing, making out, sloppy sex (in that order).
And this, boys and girls, is how half-orcs are made.

chara
Wizard

#11 Post by chara » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 am

Anyone who wants to see how my friends are when they're drunk need only read this: http://wiki.geas.de/view/Main/MUDPartyAdventures.

tessa
Overlord

#12 Post by tessa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:46 am

When I saw this thread earlier, that log was actually the first thing that came to mind. :P

vurdijak
Hero

drunk

#13 Post by vurdijak » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:10 am

In my younger days...a while ago...we were more destructive. Now we are genenally more inclined to make music that we think is good, only to find out the next day that it sucks. One of my favorite things is to get drunk and post on this forum...

Olrane
Champion

#14 Post by Olrane » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:14 am

My friends and I are so lame. When we get drunk we end up doing stupid things like playing Magic the Gathering or watching really dumb cartoons. Last time I had too much rum (an incident I don't want to repeat) I was caught on video nearly sobbing at my terrible failure to play Donkey Kong Country. Damned crocs. And there's the puking.

luminier
Overlord

#15 Post by luminier » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 am

i used to play magic. good game but how do you play when your drunk? quite the feat i think

Andreati
Master

#16 Post by Andreati » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:50 am

Olrane wrote:... When we get drunk we end up doing stupid things like playing Magic the Gathering or watching really dumb cartoons.
And this is why I don't drink. If my friends and I ever got drunk, we'd probably find some (god forbid) Yugioh cards. Then again, we'd also probably start lighting things on fire--We do that even if we're not drunk!
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Olrane
Champion

#17 Post by Olrane » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:02 am

How do I play while drunk?

LOTS and LOTS of zombies.

luminier
Overlord

#18 Post by luminier » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 am

zombies eh? ive always wanted to play with a squirrel deck. never gotten serious enough with the game tho. just fun with friends. can't remember the last time we played tho.