Olympics

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

gojin
Master

Olympics

#1 Post by gojin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:19 am

Do you guys root for your home countries during the olympics? I dont consider myself unpatriotic but I consistently find myself rooting against the U.S. Today I was hoping the #1 female fencer in the world(an american) would lose to a really cute ukranian(Olena Khomrova, I may start a fan page ;)). Not to mention I cant wait for the U.S. basketball team to lose again.

So am I an unpatriotic bastard? Does everyone else cheer for their own country?

sun
Master

Re: Olympics

#2 Post by sun » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 am

I personally hate patriotism/nationalism anyway. But yes, I cheer for some (young) competitors of my country. But I really hope more for some other countries where the wins really matter. I really enjoy it more when for example Argentina wins football because that's the sort of thing that can give those countries a boost... to people of my country, it would simply be a "nicer day"..

luminier
Overlord

#3 Post by luminier » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:30 pm

anyone notice how most female olympic athletes are quite attractive? (maybe women like the men too iunno lol)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Staltos
Professional

#4 Post by Staltos » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't get why someone would hate patriotism, buuut, I always root for my home country, home state, home town when it comes to anything.
"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers."

-The Hospitaller, Kingdom of Heaven

Andreati
Master

#5 Post by Andreati » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Never comes the day where I root for my country, be it the Fifa World Cup or the Olympics. I usually never bother watching, either, though... Not unless I see someone I particularly like.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

vurdijak
Hero

#6 Post by vurdijak » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:30 am

I usually root for the U.S. in everything. Soccer is the only exception, where I am forced to pick another country after the first round or so of the World Cup. At that point, I usually go for Germany.

isengoo
Champion

#7 Post by isengoo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 am

USA! USA! USA!

YOUR SHIT'S WEAK! WIZZEAK!