Television Shows

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Zengo
Professional

Television Shows

#1 Post by Zengo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

Well, normally I do not watch to much T.V. I was just curious if anyone has found any shows worth wasting your time with recently?

As for me, I was enjoying Lost a lot until midway through the 3rd season, then it just seemed to lose some of its suspense and become more dramatic than anything. At the moment, the only 2 series I really enjoy are Dexter and Weeds.

I highly recommend Dexter to those of you that have not seen it.
I am not finished with the first season yet, but so far this show seems really.........different. It is something worth checking out.

ramandu
Professional

Re: Television Shows

#2 Post by ramandu » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:26 pm

The first 2 episodes of the Fringe was better than I expected, and as a JJ Abrams, the first 1 or two seasons ought to be strong. Not as good as the x-files, but its fun to watch. Fox.com has the first 2 episode available for on-line viewing.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Delia
Overlord

#3 Post by Delia » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Not quite recently but...

Monty Python's Flying Circus seldom fails to entertain.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

sun
Master

#4 Post by sun » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Dextah..

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Only shows I watch lately are, UFC (on spike most frequently), Heroes (starting again today! ya!) and The Office (american version).
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Zengo
Professional

#6 Post by Zengo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Oh yeah, well I watch TUF as well.
Of course. It is the only reality show that is real!

TUF: As real as it gets!

ganandorf
Overlord

#7 Post by ganandorf » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:14 pm

I am a really big fan of lost.
Some argue that they are dragging the series out way to long, with all these cliffhangers and a bunch of different quesiionts that have been brought up that seem to never be answered.
I am a huge fan of that, it gives me something to watch

Dexter is also a show ive watched once in a while, ive never been able to watch it like straight through from the first episode to the last. But i plan on downloading it sometime soon
Meow

Staltos
Professional

#8 Post by Staltos » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Ok Ok, Definately one of my favorite shows is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers."

-The Hospitaller, Kingdom of Heaven

Abharsair
Site Admin

#9 Post by Abharsair » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Staltos wrote:Ok Ok, Definately one of my favorite shows is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I loved the first two seasons, but I loathed the third one and stopped watching halfway through.

Aside from the already mentioned "Dexter" I also enjoy "Saving Grace", which I have discovered recently (don't let the cheesy premise scare you, it's not what it seems to be). I'm also looking forward to the lesser known "Life", which will be back at the end of this month, but I wonder if its ratings will survive the long hiatus it had.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

matusalem
Master

#10 Post by matusalem » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 am

I enjoy Dexter when it's just Dexter interacting with his victims, but it gets down right cheesy with all his corny family members and coworkers. Especially his sister which annoys me to no end.

I loved both seasons of Rome, but of course the first was far and away better than the second.

I loved Carnival as well. The first season was exceptional and the first half of the second was good, but when the show failed to get picked up for a third season, they crammed four or five years worth of material into the last half of the second season, and it just didn't jive with the rest of the series. (It was originally intended for six seasons.)

I actually enjoyed Californication. It's especially fun if you can pick up on all the Warren Zevon references with in it.

The one show I've always made a point to watch each week has been The Shield, even during the third or fourth season when they introduced Glen Close's character (ugh) and the show went all Disney-esque. It never quite recovered from that.

vurdijak
Hero

#11 Post by vurdijak » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Every year, I find myself watching So You Think You Can Dance. Yeah, go ahead, make fun single guys. Then get married and see for yourself. Any show with 'dance' even remotely near the title or theme usually gets watched by me, since my wife is watching it and I am usually too tired to care about what is on in front of me. I think there was even a dance show with Jessica Spanno from Saved by the Bell that I (sadly) watched more than one episode of.

One show I actually like is Cops, which I watch almost religiously. Its especially fun for me, since a lot of episodes take place in cities in Texas (makes sense) and I can even identify places sometimes during chases etc. Also, I dont think you know anything about American culture until you watch at least a dozen or so Cops episodes.