Absence

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Phelan
Professional

Re: Absence

#201 Post by Phelan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Since apparently some people can't live with the consequences of screwing an evil guy, I will take a longer break before the MUD is flooded with tears. Have fun playing with yourselves.

Aslak
Master

#202 Post by Aslak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Phelan wrote:Since apparently some people can't live with the consequences of screwing an evil guy, I will take a longer break before the MUD is flooded with tears. Have fun playing with yourselves.
Do not get me wrong, I do not mind getting killed, but the way it is done quite a matter. To place undeads someone and wait for someone to die there while you do not even have to put effort into just kills every fun for the dying party. Even more so if you make sure you cannot even escape if you survive the first attacks.
Never complained (oocly) about your attacks when I annoyed Phelan

Zehren
Overlord

#203 Post by Zehren » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Phelan wrote:Since apparently some people can't live with the consequences of screwing an evil guy, I will take a longer break before the MUD is flooded with tears. Have fun playing with yourselves.
Ack! Someone has discovered what all the scholarly characters do in their chambers!
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

luminier
Overlord

#204 Post by luminier » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 am

Zehren wrote:
Ack! Someone has discovered what all the scholarly characters do in their chambers!
Oh Zehren, so quippy. :lol:

Sometimes when you feel the game is impacting your emotional state, it is best to take a step back and breathe for a while. It's healthy. Thats why I take breaks!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

glorfindel
Hero

#205 Post by glorfindel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

Hey,

I thought it's fair to announce that I'll not be around much for the coming two weeks or so, or at least not as predictable. Work's been taking quite a toll on me lately and apart from the exhaustion that comes with it, I don't get much enjoyment out of the mud right now, as I am mostly too tired to follow the more complex conversations, battles and so on. This is mostly caused by many coworkers being sick and / or on holidays, so the situation will hopefully remedy itself soon and vacation's on the horizon too. But I thought I let you all know, in case somebody started to miss the ol' monk picking his nose into stuff he should not ;)

Reptar
Journeyman

#206 Post by Reptar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 am

Get well soon!

luminier
Overlord

#207 Post by luminier » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Come back soon Glor, hopefully those freeloading bastards at work are thankful you are there to work hard for them! :mrgreen: (only joking of course)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#208 Post by Delia » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 am

I've been absentish but I think I will enjoy some leave from reality and invoke for some Geastime this weekend.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Eluriel
Master

#209 Post by Eluriel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:49 am

I've been absent quite a bit lately. I've been rather busy, and I'm starting to think I should work on more important things. So, I may hop on every now and then, but we'll see how things go.

ferranifer
Champion

#210 Post by ferranifer » Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 am

I got bit by the mud bug recently and will be showing my ugly face around.

Brom
Experienced

#211 Post by Brom » Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't know you ,but welcome back.

Delia
Overlord

#212 Post by Delia » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am

Bought a banjo. Will be busy. Will not abandon mud.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ferranifer
Champion

#213 Post by ferranifer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Spending some weeks back home for holidays. Will still log in, but not as much.

Akulli
Experienced

#214 Post by Akulli » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:44 pm

On a side note, as soon as I'm able to finalize where I'm going to be moving, and then actually move, I should be back in full force! 8)
Also, probably by the end of the month though not for sure yet...
For he comes, the human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand
From a world more full of weeping than he can understand

Rudolpho
Professional

#215 Post by Rudolpho » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:57 am

I was contemplating returning, but I might settle for haunting the forums instead.

ceinna
Veteran

#216 Post by ceinna » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 am

Rudolpho wrote:I was contemplating returning, but I might settle for haunting the forums instead.
Not knowing the character, I've heard alot about him. He/you should haunt the game too.

fernao
Champion

#217 Post by fernao » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 am

The more diversity, the better. Seems a couple of old players, or at least old characters, returned in recent weeks. They really enrich the game, so, come on, come back into the game as well and don't just haunt the forums.
Life is but a butterflies dream

ceinna
Veteran

#218 Post by ceinna » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 am

Being a rather old player/character that recently returned, its fun watching people I knew all those years ago pop up.

Eluriel
Master

#219 Post by Eluriel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:54 am

Rudolpho wrote:I was contemplating returning, but I might settle for haunting the forums instead.
I've been haunting the forums. It is rather dull when the people you normally conspire with are not around. I think I have a tendency to make asocial characters with hidden motives, which makes it difficult to socialize with most "normal" characters. ;) I just found myself doing the same repetitive things on my chars without getting much closer to their goals, so I kind of lost interest. Rudolpho did always make things interesting though. :)

Olrane
Champion

#220 Post by Olrane » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:06 am

Eluriel wrote:
I've been haunting the forums. It is rather dull when the people you normally conspire with are not around. I think I have a tendency to make asocial characters with hidden motives, which makes it difficult to socialize with most "normal" characters. ;) I just found myself doing the same repetitive things on my chars without getting much closer to their goals, so I kind of lost interest. Rudolpho did always make things interesting though. :)
Oh hey, I'm here too. Miss the old gang.
I'm pretty reluctant to return unless I know that there are compelling characters and stories going on, but people have a pretty damned silent attitude about IC goings-on over this forum, so I've no idea whether it's worth the honestly heavy investment to reinsert myself.