Group PvP

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Olrane
Champion

Re: Group PvP

#61 Post by Olrane » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:53 am

Totally. Sathos should raise rideable nightmares, just let them be affected by Good stuff as they are undead.

tessa
Overlord

#62 Post by tessa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 am

Nightmare mounts for Sathos sounds interesting, but revenant + 2 normal undeads + satho priest + nightmare sounds like a ridiculous force that a single pc could put together. Not to mention, this constant buffing of Crusaders and Sathos really is making survival ridiculously harder for everyone else.

ganandorf
Overlord

#63 Post by ganandorf » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:33 am

I contemplated the idea of undead mounts, and then realized as tessa said that that would be very very very very unfair. As already shown it is very very very easy for me or any other satho to stack up a room so greatly that any noncleric/noncrusader who walks in will be dead in 30 seconds.

to be honest a good mount (wargs die way to easily because we cant armour them like unicorns) would be very helpful, but again we do not need it, our undeads are good enough.

Plus I have been told that no major changes will be made for the mount system.

edit: As well it may appear that each of the two sides is being buffed, sathos get a buff, and then to even that buff out crusaders get a buff. But for each buff that we get we also get one minus. We just know how to get around it
Meow

stilgar
Champion

#64 Post by stilgar » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 am

tessa wrote:Nightmare mounts for Sathos sounds interesting, but revenant + 2 normal undeads + satho priest + nightmare sounds like a ridiculous force that a single pc could put together. Not to mention, this constant buffing of Crusaders and Sathos really is making survival ridiculously harder for everyone else.
You mean they are overpowered compared to others? :twisted:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

luminier
Overlord

#65 Post by luminier » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:49 am

i think all the guilds are fairly well balanced as is. except the horror stories ive heard of the Order, with one member kill 3-4 crusaders at once. sounds interesting but most likely false. a ranger could easily make a crusader flee with a good arrow to the unicorn or body of the crusader. asral clerics against crusaders 1v1 is almost a joke crusaders stand little chance without full buffs. sathos clerics are obvious. taniel clerics can destroy crusaders unless the crusader gets a lucky hit, but thats about the same risk with any guild. druids, well iunno i think everyone beats them, they are really a fighting force. shaolin have sloid chances with armour drum and other skills that throw us to the ground and hit our nads. yep id say about even. cept druids.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#66 Post by Delia » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 am

I'd say 1v1 clerics and crusaders take the cake. Clerics vs. crusaders the crussies are the underdog. As it has been said this is not an equal opportunity MUD nor one in which solitary gods of war shine, which is nice. In good groups abilities that might have little effect 1v1 can shine and never underestimate power of the angry mob(too bad we are yet to see one though).
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ganandorf
Overlord

#67 Post by ganandorf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:47 pm

When you say 1 v 1 Clerics vs crusaders, and that crusaders are the underdogs, which clerics are you referring to us or the taniels?

And also, iif you are referring to us i would like to politely disagree. The way i see it the active sathos would not be able to take the active crusaders 1 against 1. By active crusaders the ones i almost always fight are seneca and Lumi, and unless i use sneak underdog tactics i dont really think i stand a chance against either of them. Luckily sneaky underdog tactics is my middle name :D
Meow

ganandorf
Overlord

#68 Post by ganandorf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Plus dont forget about the shaolin. The one active shaolin in the game is the one person in the game i fear most ;)
Meow

Herst
Master

#69 Post by Herst » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Removed
Last edited by Herst on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoda
Wizard

#70 Post by Yoda » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:30 pm

Unless you want Satho guild abilities on public forums, don't comment on other guilds' abilities.

Delia
Overlord

#71 Post by Delia » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 pm

The comment I made was based on somewhat similar levels of fighting skill. Usually clerics, atleast Satho and Asral ones can do with less skill than their opponent and come out victorious. For apparent reasons I cannot say this about Taniels with certainty.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

stilgar
Champion

#72 Post by stilgar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 am

Not using all tools you were given is no excuse :wink:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010