Reputations again!

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

tessa
Overlord

Re: Reputations again!

#21 Post by tessa » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Humans are highly racist of tshaharks, I'm not sure if any amount of reputation for a tshahark would let him overcome the racial hazing of Arborea.

triska
Veteran

#22 Post by triska » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Tessa stop talking twaddle and make a dwarf or a tshahark and go to elf town and try and get your reputation right and try for two real weeks to get no where and ruin your Karma with Asral while doing it.
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!

tessa
Overlord

#23 Post by tessa » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I have no idea how that has anything to do with my last post.

luminier
Overlord

#24 Post by luminier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:11 pm

Tessa was talking about Humans hating tshaharks.

Triska sounded like she was responding to some other thing in another topic and it might have been misplaced or something... or im missing something.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

triska
Veteran

#25 Post by triska » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:22 pm

The original post was about reputations and how frustrating.

I replied to the comments and gave my reasons for the frustrations which I know are still a problem for me and for some people.

The newbie Tshahark was thinking his reputation is bad and is not allowed to do the NEWBIE quests.

Now I know that Humans dont like Tshaharks and thats roleplay on a racial basis but still his reputation should not be affectect so badly that as a new player he cannot do the newbie quests and in my humble opinion if he was not allowed to even do the Newbie quests why would the character/player even bother to stay and play further.

As for Tshahark being a hard first character to play in Geas world which those of us been around a while know it is then maybe the Class should be restricted at creation unless it is a SECOND character to one that has at least got to the end of lets say Journeyman rank.

This thread was about reputations not races however but since the person was new he deserved a better start in the world if we want to keep him.
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!

luminier
Overlord

#26 Post by luminier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Well as I stated in the "Tshaharks" thread, they should spawn in the Giat, and dwarves should be fairly friendly to them. I think they can do the "newbie" quests in the Underground.

tessa
Overlord

#27 Post by tessa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:41 pm

triska wrote:Now I know that Humans dont like Tshaharks and thats roleplay on a racial basis but still his reputation should not be affectect so badly that as a new player he cannot do the newbie quests and in my humble opinion if he was not allowed to even do the Newbie quests why would the character/player even bother to stay and play further.
I was saying the refusal likely has nothing to do with his reputation- In Arborea, Tshaharks are likely judged by race before reputation, so it would matter little if he was considered a saint or the epitome of evil so long as he was simply a tshahark.

Tshaharks are eventually supposed to have their own place (the infamous tshahark castle), but the few actively coding wizards around are probably bogged down with a few dozen other projects to create too.

lanyara
Overlord

#28 Post by lanyara » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 am

Hmm going to append here as it fits to reputation probably.

There recently was a character who gave 120 gold coins to a "beggar" type NPC. Not revealing anything IC here, but I OOCly found the IC reason really hilarious.

I think it would be kinda fun to have beggars disappear for some time if they have so many gold coins all of a sudden ("I am rich, yes! Time for holidays!"), or to let them praise such generous characters for a very, very long time.

Edit: Actually, it is even more hilarious, because people keep on giving that NPC loads of meat, books, and other stuff. And bottles.

It's like a NPC trashbin.

So what do we have here ... a beggar asking for money, having perhaps ~140 gold coins in his pockets, but still asking people for more money.
And in addition to that, having hoarded loads of meat - and there is a room message, something like:

"A poor beggar walk arounds, looking for food."

Or similar. So, the beggar NPC with loads of coins and meat, stands next to his other fellow beggar friends, and enjoys their miserable situation (because he keeps on to his coins and meat).

What an evil, evil man!
Last edited by lanyara on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best race: halflings.

Sairina
Hero

#29 Post by Sairina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:45 pm

I must agree that the town that hates them most is a weird starting point for tshaharks.

Andreati
Master

#30 Post by Andreati » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:16 am

Not that it has anything to do with the previous posts...

I'm annoyed that being drunk in the Underground lowers reputation.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#31 Post by Abharsair » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:17 am

Andreati wrote:Not that it has anything to do with the previous posts...

I'm annoyed that being drunk in the Underground lowers reputation.
Dwarves clearly frown upon people who can't hold their liquor.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Abharsair
Site Admin

#32 Post by Abharsair » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:19 am

Sairina wrote:I must agree that the town that hates them most is a weird starting point for tshaharks.
I agree. The problem is that we need a starting location for newbies which isn't a) too remote and b) too dangerous. And there aren't many alternatives.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Desiderea
Master

#33 Post by Desiderea » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 am

The Underground maybe?

Cuetlachtli
Veteran

#34 Post by Cuetlachtli » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:26 pm

I can see the underground being possibly considered too remote and/or dangerous.

It is open to people, as far as I understand, that are usually banned from the other towns. So a truly newbie tshahark player might meet some thief or satho or something after waking.

But I think that the main issue might be that it's just not likely to meet _anyone_ there. Unless you spend a good deal of time in the Underground you're not very likely to bump into anyone. So that might be the reason it could be considered to be too remote, I guess.

It is nice for a genuinely new player to meet a few other player characters not too long after they log in for the first time, after all.

luminier
Overlord

#35 Post by luminier » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Underground too remote and dangerous? I feel sorry for all the dwarves that start there then....

At any rate. Lets make a Tshahark castle. They can start there. For now, the underground should suffice.

lanyara
Overlord

#36 Post by lanyara » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:36 am

Tshahark castle would be cool.

I guess it would in fact be a really huge castle!

By the way, about the underground ... i think the exits are a bit hard to type and navigate. Not everyone uses a good mud client, Arborea or Elvandar are a lot easier to navigate through.

Especially the entrance/exit is slightly annoying and long.

My personal opinion is still that tshaharks should start in Arborea and the racial hatred removed altogether (or at least be made amenable to judges, so that they can decide whether the town hates on them or not), but the solution to put tshaharks in the underground, or even better at a new castle might even be cooler, as this would mean getting a castle! For now they could start at the underground pub though, and perhaps the exit out of the area be simplified.

It is also a bit strange that insects tend to attack Arborea, yet the tshaharks which were "designed" to fight insects are hated in that town ... I think humans in Arborea just have no diplomatic skills. :-)

Poor tshaharks though.

Anyway, just a few more cc's.
Best race: halflings.