Taniel wiki

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

caelia
Professional

Taniel wiki

#1 Post by caelia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm still trying to figure out this TWiki thing, but since a player mentioned it, I thought I would try giving the Clerics of Taniel their own wiki pages. I'm not entirely sure what should go here, but maybe by the time we figure that out, I'll know what I'm doing. ;)

If you want access - so far I haven't given it to anyone, in the hope of saving you from anything stupid I do - let me know in-game or with a private message.

I think I remember this player asking about having to have a login, and there's no way around that for any Cleric-specific pages - but we could have some world-readable pages (maybe the incomplete "history of the church" page would be one of these), alongside some login-required pages for clerics only.

krelji
Hero

Re: Taniel wiki

#2 Post by krelji » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 am

If you got questions you can always ask me via private messages or in game.
Since you have access to the Alchemists pages you can always use those to get
an idea about the formatting and the like. You should perhaps rename the group
to TanielGroup, instead of TanielPages as it is now, and block read access to it.
Use settings similar to those you can find in the AlchemistsGroup and you should
be fine.

Setting a proper TopicParent makes navigation a lot easier, and it's easiest if you
do it with the creation of a new page. Sometimes it needs to be done afterwards,
as it is the case with the group you created. You will find on the right side of the
bottom of the page the link 'More topic actions'. If you click on that one you can
change the TopicParent and the name of the page. Groups should use TWikiGroups
as parent.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

caelia
Professional

#3 Post by caelia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

Thank you. :)
krelji wrote:You should perhaps rename the group to TanielGroup, instead of TanielPages as it is now, and block read access to it.
"TanielPages" was my failed attempt to create this; there is a "TanielGroup" (with "TanielPageTest" underneath it) which seems to be more or less successful so far.

Sorry for the confusion (Wizards, if you read this, I think I'll need you to delete TanielPages, since it looks like I locked myself out of it). :?

krelji
Hero

#4 Post by krelji » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 am

If you got access to the existing group and the test page, then you can and should
use those. And if not a wizard should perhaps add your name to the TanielGroup
so you can start working on it.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

lanyara
Overlord

#5 Post by lanyara » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 pm

A unified "portal account" for the whole MUD would be nice, but probably too much coding effort.

Say, you would have one global account, with characters you register at it (this step is entirely optional! players who dont want to do that, dont have to, so this way you can keep the status quo as of today), and depending on the character (and affiliation to a guild) certain parts of the wiki may be automatically accessible to your character login without the need to register at the TWiki. (Is registering at the TWiki possible right now btw? I get a line "registration disabled" hmm)

Personally I would like to see contributing to the wiki be made as easy as possible in general.
Best race: halflings.

caelia
Professional

#6 Post by caelia » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:13 am

lanyara wrote:A unified "portal account" for the whole MUD would be nice, but probably too much coding effort.
I do this sort of thing for a living, and (unless the MUD supports something like LDAP authentication) it would not really be possible, and probably not a good idea anyway. That is to say that the wizards are free to pursue this, but if it were my system, I wouldn't ;)

luminier
Overlord

#7 Post by luminier » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:56 pm

i think luminier is cool enough to have me be included in the taniel wiki. once i make the crusader wiki (never) youll have free right to it as well!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.