Recruiting helpers!

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

per
Master

Recruiting helpers!

#1 Post by per » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am

The Arborea Team needs your help! Mortals interested in helping us out can do so, apart from helpful detailed reports, we could use your help with some new projects. So if you have some free time, are able to type and would be willing to write some descriptions contact me by mail or commune and we'll get you started! No coding experience is needed. I'll take care of that!

Brother Per Arborean Cur

per
Master

Re: Recruiting helpers!

#2 Post by per » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am

To whet your appetites, here are some hints about upcoming projects:

Kelric has cracked down on corruption in the Arborean Construction company. Rumours say the road repairs might be finished soon, but there have been some problems in the shadier parts of town.

A 100 plus room area, filled with danger, wilderness and secrets.
Good luck navigating this one safely without using your brains!

Two villages steeped in history, and much more!
(An old human one, and one for Lilith's children.)

So the more help I get, the faster will parts of Arborea be unlocked, with yet others awaiting the next development cycle!

per
Master

#3 Post by per » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the unexpected number of replies! You are really showing the love. I have talked with most of you and sent some mails with the details of the assignment. A good number are still to be written, so I apologize. I'll try to get them out ASAP. LOTS of thanks to everyone who has already sent in their work!

Yours,

Per

per
Master

#4 Post by per » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:52 pm

A heads up for everyone, some unexpected bug-fixing took up most of my time today so I am a bit late on sending out all the assignment mails to helpers. Do know that I am keeping track of everything even if I have not replied to your mail or msg. Not enough thanks can go to everyone for showing such enthusiasm. Some helpers have even already turned in their assignments and asked for another one! You might be pleased to know that some of their work is already in game and accessible for everyone. :shock:

Yours,

Per

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 pm

You are awesome Per, good job.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

per
Master

#6 Post by per » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Status update: Sending mails out to all the wonderful helpers has become top priority. I do hope to get all of them sent out sometime this weekend. If you don't have yours by next week, feel free to call me on it. Yours, Per.

per
Master

#7 Post by per » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:21 am

Hello helpers! It's Per again, but this time with something different. I have a few things I need, so I'm going to hand out a few specific requests on the forum. These are all for areas that are going to open soon, so prompt help is more than welcome!

I need descriptions for:

- one bald human innkeeper/barkeep
- a shifty scroundel
- two peddlers
- A bar patron, peferably female. A craftsworker of some sort.
- A description or two for sleeping joe-nobodies. [ No more than three-lines.]

Extra points for creativity! Feel free to give it a shot, and don't be afraid to double-up. I'll just put them to use elsewhere. You can post and reply here.

If your post suddenly dissapear, don't panic! That just means I've cleaned this out a little for readability's sake and put your description in.

Per

Skragna
Champion

#8 Post by Skragna » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Skallagrim as a massive, well-muscled male human.

Skallagrim is very tall and fat for a human.

A great moving mountain of flesh, bone, and muscle, this man glistens with a thin sheen of sweat. He is extremely obese, but beneath the fat is layer after layer of muscle. His bald head shines, as if he rubs it often.

(Skallagrim is from the Viking Edda. Literally translated, it means Bald Grim. Thought it'd be the perfect name fer a bald barkeep)

lanyara
Overlord

#9 Post by lanyara » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:21 pm

ok chiming in ... not a great description but perhaps it helps

@skragna did the first, i continue with a proposition for the second

- a shifty scroundel

Short, curly brown hairs frame the head of this man. His well-tanned skin bears some specific scars of past knife fights. He is lean and well-trained, seemingly fast and agile. His lively eyes glitter with some kind of malicious intelligence, narrowing quickly at times when he is talking and taking a dislike to what was said. All in one, he has a slightly menacing demeanour.
Best race: halflings.

per
Master

Status update 2

#10 Post by per » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:00 am

As you may have noticed lately, I have had less time on my hands. Right now my focus is on bug fixing, rather than new content.

All the same, I hope to have some new things for you by month's end.

Yours,
Per

Andreati
Master

#11 Post by Andreati » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 pm

We still love you Per. At least, I do.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

luminier
Overlord

#12 Post by luminier » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm

You've fixed some especially annoying bugs for me, so I love you.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

per
Master

Status update

#13 Post by per » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm

As some may have already noticed (I had to work HARD for some of you to notice!), there is a bit of new content in game. Thanks go to PO Andy for being a sport and forgiving my innumerable delays, PO Rainor for the descriptions I based the npc's on (more are forthcoming), Lukav for proof-reading, and Abh for giving me the assignment and letting me do my thing even if it took forever to complete.

P.S.: I'm not done yet.

tylluan
Journeyman

#14 Post by tylluan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:17 am

I noticed new content (kinda hard not to ;). Excellent work!
Be gentle with each other so you can be dangerous together.