Guilds

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Desiderea
Master

Guilds

#1 Post by Desiderea » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Just curious if anything is to be done about the guilds which no longer have any active members. If they will be revived, or if new guilds could be added to replace them... I'm namely speaking about The Order, the Rogue guild, and the Druids, since there don't seem to be many, if any, characters still active in those guilds.

I have met one druid, though people say there is no longer anyone around who can accept new members. And I've noticed at least one person skulking around in the shadows, though I couldn't say if they were a rogue or not. Really, I haven't heard mention of any rogue guild IC. So, they are either so sneaky no one knows they exist, or they really don't have any players anymore. And if the latter is true, I believe this limits access to learning thief skills like backstab unless you can find an older player who can train you in the skill.

Really, I'd just like to see some more options out there, particularly more evil options. ;) 'Twould also be nice to see guilds of somesort for Gwen and Lilith, since they are so underrepresented. (I think the Shaos are sort of Zhakrin-ish?) It seems that people gravitate towards whichever guilds have the most members, which just makes things more lopsided. If you want to be evil, it seems that becoming a Sathonite cleric is the only option. Otherwise, you're not very powerful and have no allies... and there are a ton of good people out there currently to hunt you down. I think that having more guilds with different ideologies would cause more people to consider taking their character down these alternate paths. Which, in turn, would make things more interesting. :)

luminier
Overlord

Re: Guilds

#2 Post by luminier » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Ill say this. There are plans to deal with the druids in place, but the other guilds have people. You just aren't looking hard enough.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

lanyara
Overlord

#3 Post by lanyara » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 pm

It seems that people gravitate towards whichever guilds have the most members, which just makes things more lopsided.
It is a lot easier to play where many other people play rather than go against the odds and play almost all alone ... :)
You just aren't looking hard enough.
Or they are really super-sleepy as well!
Best race: halflings.

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:13 am

Like that guy said, theres a plan for the druids.

In regards to the order and the rogues, theyre called a secret guild for a reason.

Being a rogue is definitely possible, you just need to try.

The order is much more exclusive but its still around, try looking behind the bushes.
Meow

Delia
Overlord

#5 Post by Delia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 am

(I think the Shaos are sort of Zhakrin-ish?)
Quick answer, no and yes. One can quickly find some common ground but in general shaos do not have any special love for Zhakrin, nor for any specific god I'd say. But that is just me.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra