Removal of Skald 'Songs' Command

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

lanyara
Overlord

Re: Removal of Skald 'Songs' Command

#21 Post by lanyara » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:03 am

If I want to check Skragna's progress, I shouldn't have to put up with those guards' damnable bigotry at the same time.
Hahaha :D

Poor tshaharks. The guards even treat fish as a weapon. That was the best thing ever discovered!

By the way, I have noticed something else. How do skalds without instrument get a listing of which magical songs are available now? In the past they could do 'songs', but now? Old returning players without instrument probably don't even remember the shortnames of the magical songs.
Best race: halflings.

Sairina
Hero

#22 Post by Sairina » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:41 am

Well, you _can_ use fish as a weapon... I once fought off a wolf naked and armed with two roasted salmons to regain my stuff after dying *g*

Back on topic, I really never understood why the magical songs aren't treated as skills, because that's what they are. And the recent change has made matters worse, certainly not improved them.

Urlyth
Veteran

#23 Post by Urlyth » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:43 am

Layanara
By the way, I have noticed something else. How do skalds without instrument get a listing of which magical songs are available now? In the past they could do 'songs', but now? Old returning players without instrument probably don't even remember the shortnames of the magical songs.
Layanara please do not take this the wrong way but if you had actually read this thread in stead of just adding comments just cause you 'can' you would understand this is the EXACT reason the thread was commenced and why

SHOUTING: PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE THE CHANGE was made.

Zehren
Overlord

#24 Post by Zehren » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 am

*chants 'songs', 'songs', 'songs'*
*repeats* :!:

I imagine the old code still exists somewhere. *peers around looking for hidden codes*

The old 'songs' was much better than the current, faulty system. *nods seriously*

*chants 'songs', 'songs', 'songs'*
*repeats* :!:
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

lanyara
Overlord

#25 Post by lanyara » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:24 am

if you had actually read this thread in stead of just adding comments just cause you 'can' you would understand this is the EXACT reason the thread was commenced and why
Way to go to insinuate I am unable to apprehend what's written about.

But let me assure you - there is no need for you to patronize me on the effect of this change. I do have skald characters and know what's been lost due to this change.

Just so there is no misinterpretation from your side, I want to state it clearly:

- I completely agree that this change in its current form is detrimental and should be reverted.
Best race: halflings.

gawyn

#26 Post by gawyn » Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 am

hello.

i'd like to ask for the previous songs command to be reinstated too.

i joined the skalds previously, took a 1 year hiatus, and only recently started to play. i wanted to see what songs i have learnt and which ones to improve, but found out that this command has been removed. it puzzled me, because i should think that at the least, we should be able to see what skill level we are at.

even now, i see improvement in the songs i'm playing, but what i really want is to improve the songs that i'm weak at. knowing which ones are weak so i can target them should be the most basic in role playing. in reality, as a singer/performer, i should know what i am good or bad at.

cheers.

Minariel
Journeyman

#27 Post by Minariel » Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 pm

I'd appreciate it greatly (and I'm sure everyone else would too) if the old songs command could be put back in. At the very least, make the songs show up on the skills list. It's more than a little frustrating not knowing how skilled you are with a song, or to see if you've even had a lesson in one.

Desiderea
Master

#28 Post by Desiderea » Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm

I'd say just put a new category under skills for songs.