RIP

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

isengoo
Champion

RIP

#1 Post by isengoo » Sat May 29, 2010 3:11 pm

RIP GEAS, oh how ye once filled my bosom with heaving excitement.

Seriously though, I feel like the wizards have abandoned us all :?

per
Master

Re: RIP

#2 Post by per » Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Could you be more specific? I've been trying to tend to my duties the best I can. I would prefer you commune, PM or mail me in game, however.

Per

isengoo
Champion

#3 Post by isengoo » Sat May 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Nah, I <3 you per.

isengoo
Champion

#4 Post by isengoo » Sat May 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh, I mostly meant all the ideas posted here don't usually receive any response.

Naga
Hero

#5 Post by Naga » Sat May 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm guessing the weather is beautiful in Bavaria this time of year or something.

Meribo
Wizard

#6 Post by Meribo » Sat May 29, 2010 5:09 pm

qlrhy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

isengoo
Champion

#7 Post by isengoo » Sat May 29, 2010 5:24 pm

lanyara
Overlord

#8 Post by lanyara » Sat May 29, 2010 5:39 pm

I mostly meant all the ideas posted here don't usually receive any response.
Well, replies take time too ... just think if you would have to scan the forum daily, in addition to bug fixes or other reports ...

I don't think anyone would like it if wizards would only reply "yes, great idea, I try to get to it but I can't promise due to [lack of time|other obligations]"

But I am thinking of something else... like the yearbook votes ... how about, instead of having that only once a year, you could do it every 3 months, on players' request, on a specific topic:

"What should be added/fixed most for the game next?"

Or having some kind of poll here. Wizards could look at the feedback, fix some of it hopefully, and push the rest of it away again, until a new poll / vote would happen. (That system would probably have to be automatic, and in-game)

The reason I wrote the last is because if you look at
http://wiki.geas.de/bin/view/Main/GeasY ... esults2009
The first bug on that list was closed after that voting result. :)

Oh yeah and since Isengoogoo comes with those depressing images here comes the halfling reply.

Simple and beautiful.
Best race: halflings.

Desiderea
Master

#9 Post by Desiderea » Sun May 30, 2010 2:51 am

Meribo wrote:
qlrhy.jpg
Lol. I must find some situation in which to use this image...

Edit: Re: Meanwhile in Finland that is. ;)

Delmon
Champion

#10 Post by Delmon » Sun May 30, 2010 10:21 am

abandoned? I don't think so. I have seen them online all the time, even if they're idle. And there are always the ones who just go who off. I always seem to get a response when I ask for stuff.

But on the other hand, ideas from the forum such as new weapons, taniel heavy armor, a new sathos area such as the one isengorn put in the wiki, as well as goodie shackles have received no reply.

per
Master

#11 Post by per » Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Delmon wrote:But on the other hand, ideas from the forum such as new weapons, taniel heavy armor, a new sathos area such as the one isengorn put in the wiki, as well as goodie shackles have received no reply.
I have replied on the Isengorn proposal, submitted a counterproposal, and it is under work, but time is in short supply and new content is the most work intensive. Several players have helped with descriptions for the above. I'll have a look at it, time allowing, and see if I can get the project to the next milestone. Several other projects, however, have priority over it.

The Taniel armour descriptions I have looked at, and would volunteer to code, and if, time allows, try to improve on the descriptions. However, it first needs to be approved, and since the Taniels don't have a guildwizard, most of us can't weigh in on the matter. Until there's one, there will likely not be an official reply, unless the admins weigh in and say they don't want that.

As for the weapon description submissions, all I can say is that I have them all in my harddisk and that they have NOT sinked into the cracks.

Per

isengoo
Champion

#12 Post by isengoo » Sun May 30, 2010 3:54 pm

See, this is why I love per.

Olrane
Champion

#13 Post by Olrane » Sun May 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks so much for the situation report, Per!

One of the things that's always kept me attached to this game is that I feel like my voice matters. Players and coders having an open dialogue is pretty unique in games nowadays.

It's not the most important thing, but any kind of update on current projects is always appreciated. And at least a response on some idea threads is also welcome - if something's genuinely good but being delayed due to priority projects, it's good to know.

We understand that most things are delayed due to coding/time requirements and pending admin approval. It's still nice to know what is getting worked on and if possible, a time frame.

Delmon
Champion

#14 Post by Delmon » Sun May 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks Per. You are appreciated.

Urlyth
Veteran

#15 Post by Urlyth » Mon May 31, 2010 3:45 am

Per does work and does reply and thats nice and appreciated and please know that this post is not about Per.

I have written comments on things that NEVER get answered by the wiz that did the change and has not answered here or in commune or in mail. I even emailed Abharsair and asked him to pass on a mail direct in the hopes it got there and read and no reply to that either.

The SONG thing for Skalds is still the same as when it was altered and all pleas for it to be returned have been ignored. I know its not Per but Turian that deals with the Skalds but he seems not to want to listen to or reply to our requests to reinstate it. I dont want to be offensive to Turin or any wiz because they give there time and work hard but a reply WHY it wont be changed back or WHY several players requests for it to be returned have been ignored would be less frustrating.

Topic : Post subject: Removal of Skald 'Songs' Command
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

Mail: Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 5:41 am
To: Abharsair

I think at 12 players have asked on the forum for the command to be reinstated.
I have had players ask me in game why they cannot access the Song command how they could and they were thinking it was just them and it was broken and those people were not ones that use the forum.

arxthas
Hero

#16 Post by arxthas » Mon May 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Olrane wrote:We understand that most things are delayed due to coding/time requirements and pending admin approval. It's still nice to know what is getting worked on and if possible, a time frame.
It is, I agree. But I think a time frame is too much to ask, to be honest. There's enough time frames in other areas of life, and giving out any type of commitments or even hunches can add just too much pressure.
isengoo wrote:Seriously though, I feel like the wizards have abandoned us all :?
What interests me is why everything seems so dead. Except maybe Per. There are players in the game but I have not seen any player taking any initiatives since I returned not long ago. And why are not the wizards interested? The least they could do if they are dissatisfied the way the game is going is to briefly explain what they dislike, and what they would want more from the players or something.

isengoo
Champion

#17 Post by isengoo » Mon May 31, 2010 4:26 pm

What would help player interaction is removing the patrols, or at least stop them from going to the crossroads.

Delmon
Champion

#18 Post by Delmon » Mon May 31, 2010 4:34 pm

There are players in the game but I have not seen any player taking any initiatives since I returned not long ago
What do you mean? Do you mean no one is rping anymore, or not taking initiative for coding?

lanyara
Overlord

#19 Post by lanyara » Mon May 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I think he may have meant that players went out and did something "special" or "unusual" or something to kill the routine.

But it really is quite a lot harder to do, too, for several reasons. I mean, for anyone to come up with something unusual, sooner or later I am quite sure you will hit some kind of obstacle of some sort. Not necessarily because of other players alone, but because of i.e. code stuff making certain things very, very hard to do. Or because you may depend on new coded features or something ...
What would help player interaction is removing the patrols, or at least stop them from going to the crossroads.
Actually, removing the patrol completely would be nice, since the task would have to be done by playerchars as a result. :)

I have no idea if admin wants to do that at all, especially due to PvP reasons, but I think in most situations it would be better if playerchars shape the gameworld, and not code elements. If Sathos would as a result get more active too, that would be a win-win situation wouldn't it? And players could get to play the role of the "hunter" against outlaws, rather than have NPCs do this job.
(The only concern I can think of here would be that Sathos could control the good zones too easily, but I'd really rather like to see this tried for some time at least. The game gets locked quite a lot when certain playing styles are made a lot harder, whether this is by NPC patrols or watchtowers, it's hard to break out of these coded powers ...)
Best race: halflings.

Delmon
Champion

#20 Post by Delmon » Mon May 31, 2010 9:47 pm

If Sathos would as a result get more active too, that would be a win-win situation wouldn't it?
They're scared of Delmon.
I can think of here would be that Sathos could control the good zones too easily, but I'd really rather like to see this tried for some time at least.
It's possible. Again, look at the above statement.