Insects should be stronger :)

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

lanyara
Overlord

Insects should be stronger :)

#1 Post by lanyara » Mon May 31, 2010 5:49 am

"[...] a party of sixty dwarves to Arborea to punish the humans. These warriors never arrived. On the way, the party was ambushed by fifteen insect-warriors."
4 warrior dwarves died against 1 insect (ratio, 4 vs. 1 and still lost)

I can understand that admin does not want to boost insects too much, because it would make it harder to play for the playerchars, and people tend to complain.

However I did want to point out that the background really talks about very strong insects. Perhaps there are different insect warrior types, and those insects of today are weaker too, but in my opinion if one insect can slay 4 warrior dwarves all alone, and win - then this is pretty scary stuff ... ;)

Edit: Ok, they got help from the humans so they didn't all die ... but it doesn't make it much better:
Together they beat back the insects.
They only beat back those 15 insects. They didn't outright kill them all ... and these were only 15! :)
Best race: halflings.

isengoo
Champion

Re: Insects should be stronger :)

#2 Post by isengoo » Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 pm

The insects also have pretty terrible AI, aka they will sit under a watchtower and get killed 1 by 1. If they were more like the darkelf raiders that would be pretty awesome.

lanyara
Overlord

#3 Post by lanyara » Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah it's a bit silly that they stand below the tower and do nothing while get shot down.

What we in fact need is another insect mother, strong like the one killing Magnus!

adanath
Champion

#4 Post by adanath » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 am

That doesn't happen much. Insects are pretty friggin strong already. My character can kill a giant and couple ogres by himself sure, but three insects half the time will tear him all to crap. I have seen teams of 4 insects make big 4 person teams run..and the pc's are more like heros...Have you seen the insects fight npc patrols and guard teams? they go through them like butter.

All that happens when you make something already strong a lot stronger is you end up with a lot of pc deaths and a lot of people who don't want to waste their time recovering from being smited by ridiculously poweful mobs that they have no choice but to fight.

lanyara
Overlord

#5 Post by lanyara » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Still I think that the insects in game right now are weaker than those described on the background.

Zehren
Overlord

#6 Post by Zehren » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 pm

lanyara wrote:Still I think that the insects in game right now are weaker than those described on the background.
Perhaps they have erred as Sathonys put his concentration on his clergy in Forostar?
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!