Bureaucracy in Geas

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

arxthas
Hero

Re: Bureaucracy in Geas

#21 Post by arxthas » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:39 am

The question is what is meant by "medieval". Is it
- how society works in general?
- how far technology advanced?

Technology is just one facet of a society.. so if medieval refers only to do that, character attitudes could just as well be modern.

Personally I think that "medieval" referers to both.. in which case this should also be reflected in the court system. Clerics, if compared to medieval ages, should have a very high status in the society. If there's slightest doubt, the natural verdict should favour those of higher status. That's not really anything unnatural, even in modern life.

Zehren
Overlord

#22 Post by Zehren » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 am

isengoo wrote:Ahaha, well, he's not exactly hateful as dwarven culture is, I imagine, very male-centric. He's constantly learning how other cultures act (as it should be with all races, IMO).
I thought dwarf culture was rather equal in terms of males and females. After all, both genders are fat, both genders talk gruffly, and both genders have beards and can mine.
'Nuff said.
:mrgreen:

partially unintelligent edit: Also, Zhakrin.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Urlyth
Veteran

#23 Post by Urlyth » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 am

But us wimmen still ave more rocks in da head dan dem men , afterall we kin do anyfin dem kin do only better!

Naga
Hero

#24 Post by Naga » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:52 pm

caelia wrote:In the case of Arborea, I've imagined society there to be something like Viking society, where women certainly had to earn their keep but were regarded as more or less equals of men in many respects. Thinking of it this way, a female human judge of Arborea doesn't seem farfetched to me, especially one who is accomplished in her own right and is a truly astonishing fighter.
If you read the sagas, it's funny how women always goad the men into fighting, and are quite strong-minded themselves.