Geas on Facebook

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Torel
Apprentice

Geas on Facebook

#1 Post by Torel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:50 am

Why don't we have a page/group for Geas on Facebook? I think it would be kind of cool, maybe it would serve as free advertisement?
Tyrell the Powerseeker

isengoo
Champion

Re: Geas on Facebook

#2 Post by isengoo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I think there is one but I can't remember much more than that.

Eleassa
Professional

#3 Post by Eleassa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:22 pm

The only problem with joining on Facebook, is that it would let everyone know my real name, and other info. Only one player (that I know of) knows who I really am, but we've been RPing together for a while now. The rest of you I just don't know well enough to trust with that sort of info.
Two rules to live by:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.
Don't pet the sweaty stuff.

A third rule to live by:
Don't do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Meow

Torel
Apprentice

#5 Post by Torel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 am

Eleassa wrote:The only problem with joining on Facebook, is that it would let everyone know my real name, and other info. Only one player (that I know of) knows who I really am, but we've been RPing together for a while now. The rest of you I just don't know well enough to trust with that sort of info.
Well there's no requirement to join.. right? But for those who doesn't mind others knowing who they are, I think it's a fun idea :)
Tyrell the Powerseeker

luminier
Overlord

#6 Post by luminier » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:40 pm

You could always join and keep your character a secret. But I think that ship mightve sailed lol
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Skragna
Champion

#7 Post by Skragna » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:14 pm

I hate facebook. I hate myspace. I've only ever used twitter twice, and that was to try and show up on AOTS' twitter wall. I hate most of the social networking sites. They seem to abhor security or privacy of any sort, and there's just too many dumb people out there.... I mean, failbook is just a sampler of what you can find on facebook...

ferranifer
Champion

#8 Post by ferranifer » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Rock and roll is evil! Youth is crazy these days!

Oh, and that was sarcasm. Just in case.

isengoo
Champion

#9 Post by isengoo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Get off my lawn you damn kids!

lanyara
Overlord

#10 Post by lanyara » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 pm

<3 @Skragna's post
Best race: halflings.

Skragna
Champion

#11 Post by Skragna » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:29 am

Now, now... that's not to say I'm an old fogey. I listen to more AC/DC and Metallica than I do anything else. Oh. Guns 'n' Roses too. Before Slash left. <.<
My favorite kinda musics' from the 90s. Also.... Facebook, myspace, and twitter have left most of the world only half literate, and there are honestly people out there who cannot remember how to boil water... That's why I dislike them. They detract from our intelligence as a species.

ferranifer
Champion

#12 Post by ferranifer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:55 am

Skragna wrote:Now, now... that's not to say I'm an old fogey. I listen to more AC/DC and Metallica than I do anything else. Oh. Guns 'n' Roses too. Before Slash left. <.<
My favorite kinda musics' from the 90s. Also.... Facebook, myspace, and twitter have left most of the world only half literate, and there are honestly people out there who cannot remember how to boil water... That's why I dislike them. They detract from our intelligence as a species.
You still sound like my grandpa! ;)

Arwenth
Master

#13 Post by Arwenth » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Skragna wrote:. Facebook, myspace, and twitter have left most of the world only half literate, and there are honestly people out there who cannot remember how to boil water... That's why I dislike them. They detract from our intelligence as a species.
Everyone was stupid and illiterate before hand. They just now have a medium to voice it.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

Skragna
Champion

#14 Post by Skragna » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:53 pm

I admit I now have more than two tweets. I am trying to wind up on AoTS' twitter wall. I am also trying to talk to Mythbusters. I still don't like Twitter very much... But Arwenth, I agree. But before social networking, those sort of people were NOT nigh-unavoidable. With these sites, if you use them, you get those sort of people. Reminds me of a kid I PUG'd with in WoW. He was actually insulted by my use of, and I quote, "the big lettrz n the dotz" These are the sort of people the world does not need, agree?

luminier
Overlord

#15 Post by luminier » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 am

Eh im w/e about facebook. if people really wanted to stalk you, theres like a zillion other/better ways. facebook just makes it a little easier. At least through facebook they (shouldn't) have the ability to get enough information to steal your identity.

So I use it.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.