Appraise copper coins O.o

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Torel
Apprentice

Appraise copper coins O.o

#1 Post by Torel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 am

I just witnessed something odd when I appraised a huge heap of coppercoins. Tyrell (me) estimated that there were 75 copper coins of a value of 83 copper coins.

I know appraise shouldn't be too specific when to an untrained, but who is stupid enough to believe that 75 copper coins are more or less valuable, than they usually are? It doesn't make a lot of sense, perhaps this could be changed, only when appraising copper coins? :)
Tyrell the Powerseeker

Olrane
Champion

Re: Appraise copper coins O.o

#2 Post by Olrane » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:11 am

Torel wrote:I just witnessed something odd when I appraised a huge heap of coppercoins. Tyrell (me) estimated that there were 75 copper coins of a value of 83 copper coins.

I know appraise shouldn't be too specific when to an untrained, but who is stupid enough to believe that 75 copper coins are more or less valuable, than they usually are? It doesn't make a lot of sense, perhaps this could be changed, only when appraising copper coins? :)
Well, frankly, appraise is not even accurate in telling you how many of the item you have. "Count copper coins" is the command you want, if it's to be precise.

The appraise result can be interpreted as Tyrell's estimate that he had somewhere between 75 and 83 cc.

Torel
Apprentice

Re: Appraise copper coins O.o

#3 Post by Torel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 am

Ah thank you :)
Tyrell the Powerseeker