I have a question for wizards

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

luminier
Overlord

Re: I have a question for wizards

#21 Post by luminier » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 am

I don't think it was Ganon's intent to start a fight. It was his intent to seek answers. It seems as if some people have jumped to some unnecessary conclusions. But I can understand why, it is a very unfortunate thing to have happen.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

ganandorf
Overlord

#22 Post by ganandorf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 am

I was not trying to start a fight. I waited patiently for the wizards to reply to mud mails another player had sent out to admin, but they didn't reply. So I posted here hopefully forcing them to talk about it.

I would even be satisfied if this entire thread were deleted, and something posted in the news and announcements section saying "We're taking a few complaints into consideration".
Meow

matusalem
Master

#23 Post by matusalem » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 am

It would seem to me that Geas is a service provided to anyone who wishes to play free of charge. In a sense, we are all guests within someone's home, and as such, the owners of said 'home' have every right to dictate the rules and how they apply. Now, that being said, Ganon's player has found a legitimate concern about an issue. If said concern wasn't addressed by the appropriate people, there's not a thing wrong with him bringing the same concern to the rest of the player base. It's not as if he said, "So-and-so did this that and the other, and by god they're wrong for it." He is not in any sense lambasting another individual by name; therefore, I don't believe Ganon should be lambasted either, nor accused of furtive plots, or whatever. If the rules state we must RP our actions and suffer the in-character repercussions of said actions, so be it. If the rules state only certain people are held to these rules while others are not, then so be it too; however, I see no reason why the player base shouldn't be informed of such so they can decided individually if they want to play within that sort of culture, or find other uses of their free time.

Jackson
You hear a voice speaking in your mind, telling you "So-and-so is a traitor and
an enemy of the Crusade. The punishment for this crime is death. Go and
execute our will!"

ganandorf
Overlord

#24 Post by ganandorf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am

Exactly what Matusalem said.

There is a chance that I'm wrong, and nothing illegal occured. Thats a reason why I have yet to mention names, I would not want to make a bigger fool of myself than I already would have.
Meow

Urik
Experienced

#25 Post by Urik » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 am

ganandorf wrote:There is a chance that I'm wrong, and nothing illegal occured. Thats a reason why I have yet to mention names, I would not want to make a bigger fool of myself than I already would have.
Don't mention names please. It honestly hurts game play when I find out peoples alts and what not. So please refrain from doing so.
ganandorf wrote:I was not trying to start a fight. I waited patiently for the wizards to reply to mud mails another player had sent out to admin, but they didn't reply. So I posted here hopefully forcing them to talk about it.
Why would you force the admins to talk about a private topic? Again, this is something that takes time and should be taken care of between the person who mailed the admin. I honestly wonder why this friend would tell you about such a private topic Ganon. If the person mud mailed the admins and there is no response, shouldn't he have posted on the forum instead of you? So you guys are sharing information ooc? Isn't that frowned upon/against the rules?
I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'

Zehren
Overlord

#26 Post by Zehren » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 am

Urik wrote: So you guys are sharing information ooc? Isn't that frowned upon/against the rules?
Abusing OOC information IG is against the rules, last I checked.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Avisa
Journeyman

#27 Post by Avisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Luminier had posted in OOC Chat in 2009 that him and poGanon started Geas at the same time, as they know each other and some other players OOC. So it isn't surprisingly that he and several others also speak consistently OOC regarding in game and real life information.

I find this whole posting rather a poor way to get attention and that the subtle threats held within are also poor form. Believe it or not, the administrators of this game are also people who amazingly enough have lives. I'm sure they try very hard to be prompt, but they've been running this game for a long time and I'm sure real life sometimes does come up.

Anyways, that's the only 2cc I have regarding this whole topic, since I obviously don't know the core of what is behind this. However, I like to believe in general that people are a lot less malicious than might be assumed. Someone who feels slighted will usually be more inclined to view certain situations in particular ways, focusing on the aspects of a situation which better fit their points of views rather than looking at it in an unbiased way.

ganandorf
Overlord

#28 Post by ganandorf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Yes we do know eachother OOC, but he is the only player who has posted that I talk to OOC. Your assumption that there are many people that talk OOC with me and posted sharing viewpoints would be incorrect.

Whether or not we talk OOC doesnt change the fact that if cheating/abuse occured, it occured. What are viewpoints are really wouldnt matter, because if what i suspect occured, it would be a fairly big violation of the rules as i see them. I dont think i made any threats, if i did they were empty ones, because I really have no power to enforce any threats.

Also I dont mean to offend any wizards, I do understand that they have other things to do, and like us have lives to live.

And some of you are right maybe i shouldnt have posted on this forum, but i already did. Any further discussion is useless and is only going to get people angry, waiting for an admin might be the best thing to do.
Meow

Avisa
Journeyman

#29 Post by Avisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Ahh. I see. I said 'several', not 'many' and I also didn't say anything regarding posting with you. Please don't change my words so quickly.

I took it from Luminier's post in OOC Chat, so it wasn't some random assumption:
May 2007, Yes, and we came in at the same time, we are friends OOC and our friends OOC who play Rex and Delem got us to play. Ganon is an alt from poGanon's first character.
Also, I said 'viewpoints' because as you said, you 'suspect'. Stating that you are unsure, but you have reason to believe. That sounds highly suspicious of viewpoints being involved.

Thanks.
Last edited by Avisa on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ganandorf
Overlord

#30 Post by ganandorf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Okay thanks.

Now lets stop posting until an admin says something, please.
:|
Meow

isengoo
Champion

#31 Post by isengoo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm still confused. This is an underhanded way to bring to light something someone else did, by requesting the same special treatment? Quite devious, indeed!

ganandorf
Overlord

#32 Post by ganandorf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes, I suspect another player of abuse. But there is about a 25% chance that I am mistaken, so I did not name any names, that way if i am wrong, the only one who suffers negative consequences is me. Which considering this is a game and an internet forum, I'm not too worried about.
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#33 Post by luminier » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am

matusalem wrote:It would seem to me that Geas is a service provided to anyone who wishes to play free of charge. In a sense, we are all guests within someone's home, and as such, the owners of said 'home' have every right to dictate the rules and how they apply. Now, that being said, Ganon's player has found a legitimate concern about an issue. If said concern wasn't addressed by the appropriate people, there's not a thing wrong with him bringing the same concern to the rest of the player base. It's not as if he said, "So-and-so did this that and the other, and by god they're wrong for it." He is not in any sense lambasting another individual by name; therefore, I don't believe Ganon should be lambasted either, nor accused of furtive plots, or whatever. If the rules state we must RP our actions and suffer the in-character repercussions of said actions, so be it. If the rules state only certain people are held to these rules while others are not, then so be it too; however, I see no reason why the player base shouldn't be informed of such so they can decided individually if they want to play within that sort of culture, or find other uses of their free time.

Jackson
A thing of beauty poMatusalem.
Urik wrote: Why would you force the admins to talk about a private topic? Again, this is something that takes time and should be taken care of between the person who mailed the admin. I honestly wonder why this friend would tell you about such a private topic Ganon. If the person mud mailed the admins and there is no response, shouldn't he have posted on the forum instead of you? So you guys are sharing information ooc? Isn't that frowned upon/against the rules?
The reason I didn't post on the forum is because I don't play anymore and so I don't care. Ganon told me he started this topic and I don't like seeing a friend get blown apart for trying to fix something or trying to get the admins to come forward despite not answering my mail about rule abuse (and in fact as I have learn other characters mail as well).

Ganon and I talk about Geas a lot. We share a lot of information. Never once have we abused that information IC. I think you'll agree, anything said on the forum is strictly OOC regardless.

You said you wanted me to post on the forum? Well here I am. Why don't you try replying to Matusalem's excellently worded post, or try to question the wizards yourself instead of simply calling Ganon wrong for doing as he did. It is clear he knew the risks and wants to see that this be answered, as do we all.

Amaleth
Journeyman

#34 Post by Amaleth » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 am

Ok, this has gotten so highschool it is painful. After many IMs via Trillian, and all this crap on the board I have to once more weigh in:

While I am sure Lum, Ganan, and Matu could spend hours patting each other on the back, at this point that is ALL those posts amount to.

Bottomline, if there HAS been cheating, the wizards should punish those who cheated. If Ganan is wrong and did not do nearly enough background checking before bringing this to a public board, then HE should get punished.

Most likely, a note about whoever was in the wrong WON'T be posted on the forums anyway. So lets all sit back, wait, and see what happens.

luminier
Overlord

#35 Post by luminier » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:20 am

Ganon isn't mistaken. This did in fact happen.

Whether or not it should be punished or allowed is what we are trying to discover.

Avisa
Journeyman

#36 Post by Avisa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm

You can keep waiting for admin to respond.

However, since you said you were trying to 'force' the admin to reply, it does bring positive reinforcement that every issue that people have does not wait for the proper channels, but rather should be posted as a public drama-filled issue. It is even more disconcerting that you, Luminier, despite your reasons, admit that you don't play the game, but still continue to voice issues against the game.

It's a shame that you have such little faith in understanding in this game. Not everything is about favoritism. Yes, I'm probably a little biased, because I've been playing this game since 2002 and I think the administration, although extremely busy, has always worked extremely hard to be fair, judicious and they have reasons for everything that they do. It extremely doubtful, as Ganon put in his first sarcastic post (which, by the way, making someone read six posts just to get to the point of the initial post is a pain in the ass) was probably just someone who 'didn't want to roleplay'. Just because we don't know the exact details doesn't mean that it isn't valid.

Please keep in mind that the information you share OOCly can damage others in the process. Not because, like you insist, you're revealing abuse, but because you complicate the whole purpose of this game, which is enjoyment. And while you may not care, because you no longer play this game, many others do.

Amaleth
Journeyman

#37 Post by Amaleth » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:44 pm

luminier wrote:Ganon isn't mistaken. This did in fact happen.

Whether or not it should be punished or allowed is what we are trying to discover.

Oh, see I was unaware that it was YOUR character that chea-.. oh it wasn't you? Oh, then you are the wizard that che-.. no? Then the player admitted to the cheating to you?

So, in fact, you do not know if something DID or DID NOT happen unless you helped it to happen. So, you can not, IN FACT, claim its a damn fact.

I would post about how asinine it is to come on to a forum just to complain about a game you quit, but I fear Avisa bet me to the punch.

dragan
Journeyman

#38 Post by dragan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Can't we just close this discussion please? Thanks!

per
Master

#39 Post by per » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Topic locked until admin can reply.

Complaints, requests to delete one of your posts, etc. -> send me a PM.

Drake
Wizard

#40 Post by Drake » Tue May 24, 2011 9:08 am

Old thread I know, but you'll have to forgive my lateness as it takes a lot of noise to break me away from real life these days.

Ok, first up I don't recieve any mails through the admin@geas.de address so haven't had anything come into my inbox regarding any of this.

So, could all those concerned please contact me directly through drake@geas.de with relevant copies of mails previously sent, and anything else relevant you feel I need to know.

I'll give further warning to my busyness with real life matters, they have to take precedence, so get my attention first up, so replies and sorting messes out will take some time, so bear with me as my time permits.

Drake
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.