I have a question for wizards

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

I have a question for wizards

#1 Post by ganandorf » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 pm

So I'm bored of playing one of my characters at the present, and I think that theres another guild that my character could really help. But I really dont want to have to roleplay anything. Could I possibly just get my description changed? It would really just make it alot easier for me, no one would ask me questions, and I wouldnt have to roleplay some reason for leaving my original guild and joining a direct enemy guild.

Please send me a PM on the forum if i can do this, and ill give you the character name, thanks.
Meow

isengoo
Champion

Re: I have a question for wizards

#2 Post by isengoo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:10 pm

You don't want to roleplay leaving a guild and joining another guild? :?

Amaleth
Journeyman

#3 Post by Amaleth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm confused.. it sounds like you want to play a new character without putting in any of the work. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Thats exactly it. I'm too lazy to train up another character when the one i have would be perfect for another guild. This character is very powerful, and just making a new character would be a waste of all its potential. And having to roleplay leaving a guild (aka coming up with a reason why) and coming up with a reason for making a direct 180 is so annoying. I'd much rather just get it done for me by a wizard, id be able to avoid so much RP.

And I dont really care what other players think, because you know it doesnt effect them at all, most of you wouldnt even know which character it was and which character i became. You wouldnt be able to put it together. I'm just interested to know the wizard opinion on this. And if any of the wizards who have the powers would be interested in helping me accomplish this.
Meow

Zehren
Overlord

#5 Post by Zehren » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Training up new characters can be boring, yes.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Arwenth
Master

#6 Post by Arwenth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

ganandorf wrote:Thats exactly it. I'm too lazy to train up another character when the one i have would be perfect for another guild. This character is very powerful, and just making a new character would be a waste of all its potential. And having to roleplay leaving a guild (aka coming up with a reason why) and coming up with a reason for making a direct 180 is so annoying. I'd much rather just get it done for me by a wizard, id be able to avoid so much RP.

And I dont really care what other players think, because you know it doesnt effect them at all, most of you wouldnt even know which character it was and which character i became. You wouldnt be able to put it together. I'm just interested to know the wizard opinion on this. And if any of the wizards who have the powers would be interested in helping me accomplish this.
None of that changes the fact that this is a mud where according to the website itself, roleplay which is both mandatory and strictly enforced.

It also doesn't change the fact that it's not fair to anyone else who has ever wanted to leave a guild and join a contrary one and they did the work.

So while it doesn't effect us via game dynamics, it's really not fair to everyone else for us to have to roleplay (which given this is a roleplay mud should be part of why you play) and for you to have it handed to you because you find the work for getting what you want annoying and you want to avoid RP.

It's also rather rude, in my opinion, to everyone else for you to blatantly ask to be an exception without any merit other than avoiding annoyance on your part in front of everyone else.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

ganandorf
Overlord

#7 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Well I'm still waiting on a wizard to chime in. Considering i asked for something like this, its evident I dont care about the rest of the playerbase and how unfair it is for them to have to work for things like this, and for me to get it handed out for free.

And if any wizard were to help me, and if all the other wizards were to turn their heads and look the other way, it might be pretty evident that they don't care much about the majority of other players either.

Still waiting for a wizard to respond... but I wonder if this thread were to get deleted what the implication might be...

Also: Immortals should interfere as little as possible in the affairs of mortals. I wonder if thats been upheld.
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#8 Post by luminier » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 pm

This has happened before. But saying more would break some rules.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

ganandorf
Overlord

#9 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Like Arwenth said, unfair and rude. Maybe the admins would like to give more information.
Meow

Urik
Experienced

#10 Post by Urik » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:14 pm

This is probably something that you should have sat down with a wizard and talked about, not just post it on the forum. Why don't you email them or talk to them in game instead of posting it for people to see.
ganandorf wrote: leaving my original guild and joining a direct enemy guild.]
FAIL
I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'

ganandorf
Overlord

#11 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm actually not serious, I was drawing attention to the fact that a player has already had this done for them by a wizard in a subtle way to start off with. I actually agree with arwenth in that its rude and unfair to other players. Which is why id like to see it rectified, or I'd like to see it done for any player that wants it done.
Meow

Urik
Experienced

#12 Post by Urik » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Again, don't you think this is something you should take up with Drake, whom I believe takes care of these things. I believe that is one of his main duties.
I took this off of the "help admin" in geas:
:::
Playerarch: Drake
:::
So this is something you should REALLY take this up with him.

The only reason for you to say this on the forum is for a power play in Geas. So you have some political agenda behind why you are doing this. So why would you bring something like this to everyones attention on the forum?
I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'

luminier
Overlord

#13 Post by luminier » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Because it's gone unanswered for months.

Amaleth
Journeyman

#14 Post by Amaleth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Me and Ganan have not seen eye to eye on a LOT of issues, but I am rather glad he decided to take this into a more public arena. If it was done and quietly hushed up, then bringing it into the light of day seems like the best choice.

Urik
Experienced

#15 Post by Urik » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:12 pm

luminier wrote:Because it's gone unanswered for months.
I was asking the question to Ganon, but I guess you just showed everyone that you two are in kahutz with one another. Props.
Urik wrote:The only reason for you to say this on the forum is for a power play in Geas. So you have some political agenda behind why you are doing this.
Theory proven.

ganandorf
Overlord

#16 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Urik I have absolutely nothing to gain. I USED to be big into the game when I played Ganon quite seriously. It's been almost a year since that time. Now I just play casually with characters like Finnle and Stonefist.
Meow

Selaina
Professional

#17 Post by Selaina » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Geas already has wayyy too many players. We totally need to bring up random political agendas so that the game can be less fun for even more people and so that when we log in we see 1 player on.

Since you already only play very casually, what's the point of bringing up this other player (assuming they even still play) unless you want to make life uncomfortable for them ... (which since Geas is a game results in people not playing anymore) and results in the rest of us having even less people to interact with when we log in?
Cruelty has a human heart,
And Jealousy a human face;
Terror the human form divine,
And Secrecy the human dress.

ganandorf
Overlord

#18 Post by ganandorf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:54 pm

1. They do still play.

2. I'm sorry, next time I'll keep my mouth shut and let people just abuse the game, and get out of following rules.
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#19 Post by luminier » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Ganon and I are only in "kahutz" in so far as we both agree that fair play should be acknowledged.

Whats the point in having players that don't play fairly or don't roleplay? Id rather have 10 roleplayers then 50 assholes.

Zehren
Overlord

#20 Post by Zehren » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 am

Instead of now going all out on each other, cannot we all wait for a hopefully sane comment from the wizards?
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!