Elvandar's First Annual Ball!

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Selaina
Professional

Elvandar's First Annual Ball!

#1 Post by Selaina » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am

Hi! An idea occured to me in the shower! So I was wondering how much interest it would generate... It goes somewhat like this:

Elvandar welcomes everyone to it's first annual ball!
This event will take place in...about two weeks at peak time at some time yet to be determined if I get enough interest... and will last for about an hour!

It will take place at night in the Elvandar market place!

Since it is a ball! It will give everyone the chance to put on dresses and rp gear instead of running around in armour all day! I have decided this will not be a masked ball because I don't want gruesome masked humans running everywhere -.-;

Since it is a ball! The city of Elvandar will also be hiring skalds by the hour to perform songs for everyone to dance to. Jugglers will also be hired for another corner of the market to entertain people!

Furthermore, since there will be lots of people and there will be a banquet, we will hire some people to gather food like berries and boar during the day time!

People will be requested to emote dancing and stuff! And set their xdescs to dancing with Blah and be requested to speak in whispers to the people they're dancing with to reflect that there's loud singing and music playing going on!

Heck people can even set up warhorse services to pack on the weapons and stuff lockers won't take ...if they're smart :P.

Tell me what you think!
Cruelty has a human heart,
And Jealousy a human face;
Terror the human form divine,
And Secrecy the human dress.

Mogwai
Veteran

Re: Elvandar's First Annual Ball!

#2 Post by Mogwai » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:54 pm

this is such a cool plan, very creative

Skragna
Champion

#3 Post by Skragna » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:30 pm

1. Skragna does not dance.
2. Skragna will be attending in his idea of formal attire, which he is always wearing.
3. Skragna will be keeping an eye out for people breaking the law.
4. Skragna will knock out said people and toss 'em in the stocks... If Elvandar has stocks. Failing that, tying them up, gagging them, and leaving them works.

Eluriel
Master

#4 Post by Eluriel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Hm, this could be interesting... ;)

Urik
Experienced

#5 Post by Urik » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 pm

1. Urik wuld love ter dance wid da pretty ladies.
2. Urik will beh wearing a white tunic, an givin' da armours a rest fer a bit.
3. Urik hopes some mis-y-chief beh goin' on wid da youngin's, if yer know what aye mean.
4. Urik will beh glad ter toss any people out dat got no reason ter beh grumpy.
5. Urik likes to number his thoughts.
6. Urik thinks it makes him look mur superior dan everyone else.
7. Urik dinks dat if he hits double digits, dat he shuld get some award er sumtin.
8. Urik really likes dis idear.
9. Urik.
I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'

Selaina
Professional

#6 Post by Selaina » Sun May 01, 2011 2:56 am

*Giggle* Urik you're funny :P Okay I need someone to help me with time >.> Because I have no idea what time zone server time is and what time that is in relation to me!

Delmon
Champion

#7 Post by Delmon » Sun May 01, 2011 3:38 am

Nice idea.

You could just use the time zone you are in and everyone can convert.

Zehren
Overlord

#8 Post by Zehren » Sun May 01, 2011 5:47 am

I'll be there, if time is applicable. Somehow.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Selaina
Professional

#9 Post by Selaina » Sun May 01, 2011 9:49 am

Alright someone convert Noon AEST Saturday the 14th. To....weird server time and your own time. AEST is Australian Eastern standard time.

Also! Does anyone else have any ideas for jobs to do?

Delmon
Champion

#10 Post by Delmon » Sun May 01, 2011 12:43 pm

That's 2 oclock in the morning Sunday (in other words saturday night)

Eastern time zone. works for me!
Last edited by Delmon on Sun May 01, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saki
Beginner

#11 Post by Saki » Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm

If anyone has ideas for some general dresses and men's wear that a stall vendor could sell, I'd be willing to hear them here. They can't be too elaborate as you don't want to outdress the Queen, but I could see a travelling seamstress collaborating with the Judge and Queen of Elvandar to provide some clothing which could be purchased for such an event.

Give me their long description (limited to 3-4 lines) and their short description, such as a long backless gown, or a pristine white dress. Maybe 3-5 for each gender.

Malleus
Experienced

#12 Post by Malleus » Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Men:
1) Saki is wearing a crimson ornate tunic.
The tunic has a high collar, that rises all the way to the cheek. Below the neck are some golden stitchings that depict on one side, life as a nobleman and scholar, and on the other, life as a soldier. The tunic drapes all the way down to the ankles, thus covering up undergarments, or lack there of.

2) Saki is wearing a white polished tunic. (for crusade?)
Obviously much care has been taken in designing such a piece of clothing. The tunic is pure white, with silver stitchings that hold in place little pieces of silver. The silver pieces start at the bottom of the tunic, like a tail, they rap around it the tunic and form the dragon (insert really long name i never remember)'s head on the chest.

3) Saki is wearing a plain black and white robe. (Shao?)
Although not the nicest thing one could buy, the robe displays a certain awareness of the wearer. The black robe has white stitchings that cover the arms and lower body of the tunic. In the center of the torso on the back, a large yin-yang symbol is displayed.

For women, i don't even want to try and guess what you want. =P

Kian
Apprentice

#13 Post by Kian » Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Kian will be arriving in this costume:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_p ... 277923.jpg

And before you even ask, yes. Flames included.
This is war; survival is your responsibility...

Skragna
Champion

#14 Post by Skragna » Sun May 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Interesting. I figured Kian would arrive covered in gore.

Zehren
Overlord

#15 Post by Zehren » Sun May 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Kian wrote:Kian will be arriving in this costume:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_p ... 277923.jpg

And before you even ask, yes. Flames included.
I like Kian, Kian is a cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Selaina
Professional

#16 Post by Selaina » Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

A low-necked clinging dress of ice blue silk.
This low necked dress of ice blue silk clings to the upper body before flaring out at the hips in a cascade of silk down to mid-calf. It hangs off the shoulders, baring them and has long sleeves of glitter dusted silk that flare at the wrists, turning transparent as they fall delicately over the back of the hands.

A puffy, pink silk dress.
This sleeveless puffy pink dress has puffs on the shoulders which are connected by a modest neckline. The silk then follows the contours of the body down before flaring into a full skirt at the hips with drapes of intermingling white and pink silk falling to the ankles.

Andreati
Master

#17 Post by Andreati » Tue May 03, 2011 3:42 am

I'd be wary about trying to use Izykazblahblahblah's image for a Crustie tunic, seeing as the dragon is an Arborean symbol. Maybe instead a man (Magnus) with a lance in the air?

Also, not sure that we should have formalized lines on guild-garb (with the exception of the Crusade, who I think it's completely appropriate for).

Plain dresses seem to come in multiple colors, so perhaps you could have at least one dress/robe type where color is mentioned (and changeable) in the short desc, but not in the long desc:

A flowy <color> tunic.
A flowy tunic that reaches down below the wearer's knees. The soft fabric seems well-fit around the upper part of the body, but begins to flare out just above the waist. A delicately embroidered branch creeps over the right shoulder and around the right arm, emerging from a tree on the tunic's back side.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Devi
Hero

#18 Post by Devi » Tue May 03, 2011 10:29 am

In my imagination Elves wear flowy, silky things covered in elaborate vine embroidery and such (there are some elvish cloaks in the game already). They like their clothes to be showy but elegant. Andy's desc is maybe the most spot-on piece of elf dress ever. :D

What colors do elves like? Skyblue? Green?

Would non-dresses be possible? I was thinking of some formal hats/gloves. I'll write descriptions if so. :)

Crowns of vines/flowers. Would be nice if these were made from in-game herbs like jituvexes and twoblooms and galangals, in addition to some of the flowers available in Elvandar (what are they, again?).

A white floral crown
A red floral crown
A laurel wreath (in-game equivalent of laurel?)
etc.

Hennins and veils. I imagine the more ridiculous noblewear would be worn by humans, of course... but still, it's a festival.

A white conical hennin
A pink conical hennin
A black lace veil
A white lace veil
A white silk veil

Dress gloves, which are completely lacking!

A pair of white silk gloves
A pair of black silk gloves
A pair of green silk gloves
3) Saki is wearing a plain black and white robe. (Shao?)
Although not the nicest thing one could buy, the robe displays a certain awareness of the wearer. The black robe has white stitchings that cover the arms and lower body of the tunic. In the center of the torso on the back, a large yin-yang symbol is displayed.
The Shaolin already have a white kimono with a yin-yang symbol on the back. What if it displayed something else? E.g., phoenix, tiger, monkey, griffon, etc.

Saki
Beginner

#19 Post by Saki » Tue May 03, 2011 1:45 pm

The gowns, gloves and Andy's tunic are already completed. They'll be in game later.

I'll consider the veil. I'm unsure about the hennins at this point.

Also, keep in mind these are clothing items, not armour.

Ozzie
Experienced

#20 Post by Ozzie » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 pm

What about attachable faerie wings?