Elvandar's Council

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Eluriel
Master

Elvandar's Council

#1 Post by Eluriel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:31 am

Just curious, do candidates have to pay the 20 gold fee every time they wish to be elected? This might discourage some people from running if every time they want to be re-elected they have to pay again. Right now we are very short on Council members, so I'd like to think of ways that might encourage more people to run.

per
Master

Re: Elvandar's Council

#2 Post by per » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 am

Sounds like it's time for politics! Who's got the money! Who's got the will?

Who's an ambitious upstart? Who's an easily outraged traditionalist?

Come on, make your mark on the game! Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Just don't get your hands caught in the cookie jar. You might lose them! Or worse!

fernao
Champion

#3 Post by fernao » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:03 am

If you are short on money and interested in politics, just play the oldest game there is.... Let yourself and your vote be bought! :twisted:
Life is but a butterflies dream

Drayn
Hero

#4 Post by Drayn » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:25 pm

This has come up IC. It does seem prohibitively expensive, except for clergy. While I can see this encourages a certain ammount of elitism I think at current even a fairly rich character would need to sink a lot of their earnings into maintaining their candidacy. It might be better to lengthen the term of the councilors a little so that they're in the position longer, more bang for the buck so to speak. Also, this is Elvish society we're talking about, I would think they take their time with everything and that would be represented in their politics.

Sairina
Hero

#5 Post by Sairina » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 pm

I think Drayn's suggestion makes a lot of sense both IC and OOC, especially for elves. Keep the fee as is, just prolong the period of office.

ewelyn
Professional

#6 Post by ewelyn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:07 am

fernao wrote:If you are short on money and interested in politics, just play the oldest game there is.... Let yourself and your vote be bought! :twisted:
If Ewelyn was evil...

Good idea Nao :roll: