Kyir

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Delia
Overlord

Kyir

#1 Post by Delia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I have to submit my praises about the place. It just provided me the most fun in ages :) Good stuff!
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Delia
Overlord

Re: Kyir

#2 Post by Delia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Granted the situation was somewhat exceptional ;)

Delia
Overlord

#3 Post by Delia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Though it could be somewhat more readily accessed, should things go awry. Waiting for an npc to reappear can take awhile. Most often should such a trip fail and you cannot go back could lead to some player frustration. Thoughts. Just given that time online is usually limited.

Personally I enjoy the harshness and the consequences as it is not a place you cannot avoid but one you choose to visit.

glorfindel
Hero

#4 Post by glorfindel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:35 am

Having spent my most time on that place dead, so far I can not say that much, but it appears to be a very genuine place. There's just one thing I do dislike a bit and that's getting off the boat into a fight. I would wish for at least one room where you can take a breather. But then it might be intended for this not to be the case.

Regarding the frustration.... waiting three real life hours last week due to some of our mess ups to get back to kyir was a little frustrating. But then it doesn't make much sense for the npc's to hang about at night. Maybe the npc involved could charge more if you wake him up or something ?

Phelan
Professional

#5 Post by Phelan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 pm

You should have visited that place a couple of years ago, when 20+ demons could be encountered in a single room blocking every exit. That was fun!

I love that the place was finally changed and now you can visit it without certain death. It is not easy, but playable.
Last edited by Phelan on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

glasp
Professional

#6 Post by glasp » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:42 pm

And before it happens... please consider what hints you give away. There are many who do not even know about the existance. Thank you.

Nibble
Professional

#7 Post by Nibble » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 am

glorfindel wrote:Having spent my most time on that place dead, so far I can not say that much, but it appears to be a very genuine place. There's just one thing I do dislike a bit and that's getting off the boat into a fight. I would wish for at least one room where you can take a breather. But then it might be intended for this not to be the case.

Regarding the frustration.... waiting three real life hours last week due to some of our mess ups to get back to kyir was a little frustrating. But then it doesn't make much sense for the npc's to hang about at night. Maybe the npc involved could charge more if you wake him up or something ?
It is indeed intended that way. Kyir is not a nice and safe place. Regarding transportation - Yes, it will be changed so that people who have visited Kyir before, can go there without the help of that lazy NPC. Just need to find the time and motivation to code something ...