Tents

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Drayn
Hero

Tents

#1 Post by Drayn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Just been told by the wizards that folks have been intentionally attacking
tents using dummy accounts or some such so we can place more of them.

If you're reading this and are either one of those people or know
one of them, be aware it's very uncool!

Yes the Taniels have a firm grasp on the shitty end of the stick
right now, but nothing justifies cheating or exploiting the system.

The tents have been a great addition and I wouldn't want to see them
taken away because we can't be trusted to have them.

Embrace the role of the underdog, work hard and we'll do this the
right way! Come on peeps, you're classier than this.

poDrayn

luminier
Overlord

Re: Tents

#2 Post by luminier » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:50 pm

So people have been making characters, destroying tents, and this benefits the Taniels? I can't see the players of the Taniels being that powergame-y.

Are the wizards sure it isn't someone who isn't a Taniel player? Did they ask you to go public with this?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#3 Post by Delia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Whatever. Shucks. Big time.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

per
Master

#4 Post by per » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 pm

"Systematically taking down" can be more benign, or not. I hope no one tried to "game" this feature, needless to say staff will be looking more carefully into it.

What did seem to happen was that people acted on bad OOC info, to their detriment, and the benefit of others. I repeat, divulging OOC info about game mechanics is not cool.

And as this proves, it can result in a heap of trouble for everyone involved.

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 pm

It seems like these tents would be an obvious target for evil people. Why was it assumed that Taniels are gaming the system? Thats a little insulting =P haha

I personally think that if every time a tent is raised the Taniel Power increases, that this should be changed. That way we can avoid gaming the system in the future, now that this is "forum knowledge"
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Sairina
Hero

#6 Post by Sairina » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 am

Maybe the number of tents in existence should be beneficial for the Taniels, rather than the number of tents raised? That way they couldn't abuse it... I suppose Evils would start tearing them down more often, but at least that makes sense in character.

Drayn
Hero

#7 Post by Drayn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:04 am

I thought about that, but those tents are bloody expensive and if they get taken down as frequently as they have been then they'll become useless. I think if the idea is to limit the total EP we can wring out of them, the easiest solution is to limit how many we can actually buy. Have the total allotment sitting in the guild shop and have them only get more in (up to the prescribed cap) at reboot. That way the system remains largely the same, but we don't have infinite tents.

Phelan
Professional

#8 Post by Phelan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 am

I have been taking down those tents frequently, since there was an obvious correlation between EP decrease and tents showing up. This has nothing to do with any ooc info, but was a logic consequence: Taniels set up tents everywhere and then my gods Ep goes down -> destroy the tents!

On the other hand, apparently they were made so that Taniels have always a win, win or win situation ...

per
Master

#9 Post by per » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 am

A heads up:

Some of you already know this, but adjustments have already been made.

We won't get reliable data until next reboot most likely. So I'd appreciate it if folks give them a chance before passing judgement and formulating feedback.

Unfortunately, we had to reset some values to even the playing field. But that's bound to change soon, if folks have not managed to do it already.

Per

fernao
Champion

#10 Post by fernao » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Will be around to test after the next reboot. Until then, I hope you forgive me, I will enjoy myself in other ways than playing my satho.
Life is but a butterflies dream

glorfindel
Hero

#11 Post by glorfindel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am

Phelan, Fernao,

I can understand how things get frustrating at times, esp. after you put a lot of time into pushing the EP of a deity. But honestly, I do think this is a little over the top. That tent feature was apparently quite out of balance and from what I gathered from what per wrote here, they are working to adjust it.

So, why not give them the time to get things into action instead of looking at things from the negative point of view? Even with low EP, a cleric is still playable. And the fix is in sight. I see no need to abandon ship.

Signed
poGlorfindel

fernao
Champion

#12 Post by fernao » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:22 am

Per also wrote that the fixes will take full effect after next reboot. Thats when I am back.

There had been a lot of bugs with Sathos recently, most of them, kudo's to the wizards here, were quickly fixed.

But those bugs, while they were active, made playing hard for people like Phelan and me, and nearly impossible for the few young sathos we have.
Tundra undeads were attacking us, so were any undeads we raised. Then the undeads we raised were no longer assisting us, not even attacking Taniels who could bless right under their eyes. We burned their tents, captured and sacrificed the healers inside, but as mentioned before, that kept benefiting the Taniels. All that raised the frustatrion level quite a bit.

So, taking time off is mainly to cool down emotions on our side, at least for me.
Life is but a butterflies dream

glorfindel
Hero

#13 Post by glorfindel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 am

fernao wrote: So, taking time off is mainly to cool down emotions on our side, at least for me.
Understandable, it sounded a bit like you were dropping the towel, that rised my concern.