The Tshahark Poll

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

How smart do you think Tshaharks really are?

Sloth from The Goonies
8%
Joey from Friends
28%
Cartman from South Park
24%
Thog from OoTS
40%

Total votes: 25

Delia
Overlord

Re: The Tshahark Poll

#61 Post by Delia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 am

I've said this before but...any piece of lore even if true does not necessarily stand true in the Forostar of today. Any possible tshahark mages were participants in an increndibly powerful ritual and most likely had massive amounts of magic still coursing through them. After things dwindled down this ability ceased to be. One possible and very logical explanation.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Skragna
Champion

#62 Post by Skragna » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am

Aren't tcharks Rawhide's abominations, or some such? They don't look anything like a tshahark.

Delia
Overlord

#63 Post by Delia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 am

I think so too though I honestly cannot recall what Rawhide himself looks like.

As to the spellcasting tshahark business remember that they were mages turning into tshaharks, not tshaharks turning into mages ;)
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Allurana
Hero

#64 Post by Allurana » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 am

I'm rather certain tshaharks and tcharks are two entirely different things, similar names notwithstanding.

Zehren
Overlord

#65 Post by Zehren » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 am

As I have mentioned before "one of the rare mages amongst the tshaharks" can be understood both to mean a rare tshahark mage, or one of the few mages who lived amongst the tshaharks. It is a very vague sentence (fragment).

Considering how much a mage might possibly turn their attention to, I think one deciding to stay with and help the lizard creations would be rare indeed.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

adanath
Champion

#66 Post by adanath » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am

There were tshahark mages, it could be that was an exceptional tshahark. The context of the lore makes no sense that one of the rare mages amongst the tshaharks that definately gramatically implies a mage, to consider it something else is I suppose possible but a stretch in literary context. As I have said tshaharks are not idiots, they are animalistic in their thinking which lends to a certain simplicity and exhibition of perceived idiocy. They are not as brilliant as elves, but they are not idiots, cunning warriors, they have quite decent intelligence and wisdom, and one wholly focused on it his whole life perhaps one that was even an exceptional creation could do it possibly albeit perhaps not now.

The Humans were very racist, and the elves accomodatingly racist, they have different perceptions of the usage and different respects for the magic that created tshaharks and the God that sustained them.

Tcharks are twisted creations similar but entirely different. The tshahark mage was one who put the tshaharks to sleep and perhaps was involved in other things there are a few places I have found it mentiond in lore and ig.

As Delia said that does not mean a tshahark is now able to be a mage, nor an incredibly good one either.