Character suicide

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Kortha
Master

#21 Post by Kortha » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:27 pm

I personally have nothing against rape and other "adult" events...AS LONG AS they're not played out in detail. I don't even play out consentual sex in detail, why would I wanna do it with rape? :P I view rape more as something else to get even for. You rape Joe's wife, then Joe goes on the warpath and hunts you down. Same with torture or kidnapping or any of a zillion other things. But that doesn't mean I wanna see all the gory details happen. (I will rp minor torture on occasion, but I never quite know how to act. I don't wanna be all whimpery and crap and make it even more melodramatic, but I don't want *all* my chars to take the "tough guy" stance either heh.

As for ic suicide, I know of at least a few instances where ppl have done it anyway, regardless of code. I don't see any problem with it, as long as ppl use a little sense with it and don't kill themselves every time a woman looks at them funny heh. If you're gonna kill yourself, you'd better have a long history of having things happen to you that'd make anyone at least consider the idea.
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

Naga
Hero

#22 Post by Naga » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:51 pm

If rape has no place in the game, how can you account for half-orcs? Certainly no woman in her right mind would take an orc as a mate, and very few humans would be so desperate as to resort to an orcish woman... I have always been under the assumption that half-orcs are the result of violent raids by orcish raiding parties on human settlements.

tessa
Overlord

#23 Post by tessa » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:00 am

I guess there's a difference between implied rape and actual RPed rape.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#24 Post by Abharsair » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:22 am

tessa wrote:I guess there's a difference between implied rape and actual RPed rape.
Exactly. And just like everyone can safely assume that Aragorn, Frodo and the rest of the bunch had the same physical needs and urges like everyone else, most readers would not have enjoyed it if Tolkien would have had elaborated on them. Thus, not everything which could be roleplayed should be roleplayed.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

iza
Veteran

#25 Post by iza » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:52 am

I don't like the implied stuff that much either but again i try to avoid it or just not think about it. Though like naga mentioned there is some of that in the game and in some background stories, including iza's (Only way to make jezz iza's father :( )

I know this is not an RPI, no where close, and Good!, because it is why i'm playing this and not Armageddon anymore, and it really has nothing to do with permadeath or approved character creation, not to me at least...it goes way farther then that. There are some situtations i've encountered in this game which do fall a bit to the extreme side but otherwise its pretty clean and i enjoy my entertainment clean with happy endings, which this game provides alot of. Though i'm still tortured over the fact that someone stole iza's cookie from his pack, you villans, have you no shame! :cry:
Geas. Imagination sold separately.

tessa
Overlord

#26 Post by tessa » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:04 pm

Though i'm still tortured over the fact that someone stole iza's cookie from his pack, you villans, have you no shame!
Thieves never see shame. They just see opportunity. :P