Various

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

mazarmormuk
Veteran

Re: Various

#21 Post by mazarmormuk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:29 pm

1, you got five seconds to run...:)

2,from what i have tested (from the asrals point of view) the trap leaves quite a chance to flee before the first miracle i cast will hit my foe.

3,i m quite sure that lower chars cast less effective trap miracles.

i think the "normal fighter" has a far lower chance to survive when he gets into battle against a weapon-based warrior of 200+, or?

adanath
Champion

#22 Post by adanath » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

mazarmormuk wrote:1, you got five seconds to run...:)

2,from what i have tested (from the asrals point of view) the trap leaves quite a chance to flee before the first miracle i cast will hit my foe.

3,i m quite sure that lower chars cast less effective trap miracles.

i think the "normal fighter" has a far lower chance to survive when he gets into battle against a weapon-based warrior of 200+, or?
That's what I was trying to say about still being able to hit and run. However I will say again I don't have enough experience as a "hit and run type" character to really judge it fairly.

ganandorf
Overlord

#23 Post by ganandorf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:55 am

Here is my biggest disappointment, the following mechanics have been provided to clerics for a small mana cost and a little bit of time:

Bodycheck
miracle quake
miracle airstrike
two shaolin specials
An item available previously to only one guild in the game
the entire blocking mechanic

Think about the time and skill it takes to invest in most of the above, and think about the effort it takes on the clerics behalf.
Meow

Delia
Overlord

#24 Post by Delia » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:11 am

That is assuming that clerics are somehow required to know how to do all that. I do not think it should be a given that every cleric learns high fighter skills or monk techniques or somesuch.

This said I do not have experience with the trap miracle. The idea of stumbling into a room with a trap in place sounds dangerous though, but then again most things are.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra