Booze and whores

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

arxthas
Hero

Re: Booze and whores

#21 Post by arxthas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 am

Ok, next question: Are whores traded with? Or is it something that some women in poverty do? We know that tshahark slaves are most likely traded with, possibly coming on and off ships.

This also opens the question if Asador for example exports women to Arborea? Possibly cumberly too? I always felt Bandama was more of a wealthy, snobby village, despite being so far out west. And possibly too small ("a gathering of huts") for anything like that.

Zehren
Overlord

#22 Post by Zehren » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 am

arxthas wrote:Ok, next question: Are whores traded with? Or is it something that some women in poverty do? We know that tshahark slaves are most likely traded with, possibly coming on and off ships.

This also opens the question if Asador for example exports women to Arborea? Possibly cumberly too? I always felt Bandama was more of a wealthy, snobby village, despite being so far out west. And possibly too small ("a gathering of huts") for anything like that.
Players who have roleplayed whores in the past that I know of have gone with the poverty option.

I think *both* slavetrade *and* poverty would be the most realistic, though. I mean, slavetrade is hinted and alluded to IG, but is not very fleshed out. More slaves everywhere.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

arxthas
Hero

#23 Post by arxthas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

I would personally like to see some sort of visible slavetrade/trafficing based on ships. Perhaps even smuggling illegal goods and body parts. It would not only provide more depth, but also provide those who wish to play evil characters with more options since that seems very hard to do in an interesting way these days. I reckon that most of that trafficing would be going from Arborea-Asador. One thing I am a little uncertain on are the price ranges for each race? It seems to me like for example an elven whore would be much more expensive than a regular southern-Arborea-city trash whore (e.g. Yanna). This could be an extra interesting underground trade with good profit for unscrupolous individuals.

Zehren
Overlord

#24 Post by Zehren » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm

If we base our whoring around Arborea, then I think elves and half-elves both would have dat exotism going for them. Tshaharks would likely fetch the least, and be paid in boar - since they have dat freak going for them. Unsure about dwarves and halflings. They would likely both be, uh, somewhat tight and perhaps fetch a lot. Or also be deemed seriously freaky.

arxthas
Hero

#25 Post by arxthas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:25 pm

A halfling buying the freak services of a tshahark? I would love to see that! Such an obvious difference in raw physical strength, yet the halfling totally dominates the tshahark based on coinage. A rotten whiff of an unglamorous social structure surfaces: a perfect backdrop for injustices, heroism, greatness and deprivations.

arxthas
Hero

#26 Post by arxthas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Would e.g. asral priests buy whores.. or is that against their religion?

Zehren
Overlord

#27 Post by Zehren » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

arxthas wrote:Would e.g. asral priests buy whores.. or is that against their religion?
Prostitution has been legal in Arborea for long, so I would think it is not? (Was also legal under Andy, when the law had mention of asralite supremacy through and through :D)

arxthas
Hero

#28 Post by arxthas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

I was just thinking about the "honourable" warrior thing. Maybe they would care somehow.. hmm.. naaww..

What about some ritualistic behaviour then? Or something like "a woman and a goblet of mead before the fight makes you stronger?" Or is that dwarves?

Aslak
Master

#29 Post by Aslak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 am

Could not find anything in the Codex of Asral that might be against whores...we are not as stupid as crusaders :mrgreen:
Don't think an Asral should mistreat a whore (too much) and pay his debt, but beside that there is nothing on a whore that would spoil your honor. Beside, those who do not fight are made to serve :twisted:

Drayn
Hero

#30 Post by Drayn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

Asral is also a hunter. Where is the fun in paying the pig to turn into bacon?

;)

Zehren
Overlord

#31 Post by Zehren » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 am

Drayn wrote:Asral is also a hunter. Where is the fun in paying the pig to turn into bacon?

;)
Gotta hunt dat prize bacon-turnin' pig!
Not all bacons are grilled equal!