password retrieval?

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

sancia

password retrieval?

#1 Post by sancia » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:47 am

sorry just came back from quite an absence and realise i forgot the password to my previous char.. and also seems that theres no password retrieval option on the whole website? is there anyway to go about gettin my old char back or is she gone for good?

Abharsair
Site Admin

#2 Post by Abharsair » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:15 am

No, your char is not gone. If you can somehow prove it was your character, an Admin can set a new password for you, and you'll be able to reloging. However, there is no way for us to tell you your old password, because even we can't see it unencrypted due to security reasons.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

sancia

#3 Post by sancia » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:29 pm

yeah was thinking the same thing, best i can think of is give wmy email address, hope its linked to the old character? or is there any other way to prove that that char was mine? personal belongings? can you check the ip of the last successful login? even the people i used to know can't remember her sigh

Abharsair
Site Admin

#4 Post by Abharsair » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Log in with your current character and commune me ("commune abharsair"). Tell me the name and what you know of your old character (e.g. the email, equipment, what guild (if any) you were a member of, etc.). And yes, I can compare IP addresses. You can also send me a private message through this board instead of communing me in the game. Once I'm convinced it is your character, I'll reset the password.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."