Low activity players in GEAS?

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Delia
Overlord

Re: Low activity players in GEAS?

#21 Post by Delia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:52 am

The reality is that some groups are more likely to act in a certain way than some other groups. In this instance Sathos and their active opposition are unavoidably driven towards PvP at some point. So I think saying some guilds are more PvP oriented/focused than others is valid. Nothing particularly dumb about letting players know what they are getting involved into.

Of course one can roleplay very badly without being involved in any PvP but I tend to think that evaluating and calling out bad RP is a slippery slope, so let us not go there unless it is really needed.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

fernao
Champion

Re: Low activity players in GEAS?

#22 Post by fernao » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 am

I recall times not so long ago where the presence of a known satho or darkelf resulted in that character being hunted and killed. No lenience given, the endresult was always the death of either the hunting party or the hunted.

That we tried to change that to some extent doesn't change the fact that the ic rules for the crusaders require them to hunt and destroy evil, meaning someone as clearly evil as a darkelf or a satho either dies in combat or at the stake. Well, might be that these ic rules changed, I wouldn't know. But just think of the fact that certain npc patrols attack on sight, even if you never harmed them directly.
Life is but a butterflies dream