So half-elves and other things after many years...

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

iza
Veteran

So half-elves and other things after many years...

#1 Post by iza » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:32 am

Its been several years since I've stopped by. I played this game back when half-elves were first introduced. I remember asking wizards if half-elves could have children and they said they could. My half-elf and his half-elf mate made a cave home in the dwarven mountain before they had a child (think we got an baby item with a little girl desc)...I wonder if the crib is still there. Though half-elves are now infertile and seem to lean towards being emos that live in sewers or are otherwise somewhat socially wierd. (guessing someone was a shadowbane fan)

I stopped playing this game because I basically explored every inch of it, done practically every quest and defeated almost every epic mob. Good times.

So what else has changed? New areas and baddies to defeat I hope? I see mages have finally been implemented. Thats good to see. Do full strength Tsaharks in heavy armor wielding two handed weapons still completely obliterate every other guild/race in combat? Do the wizards still make custom mithril armor and weapons if you gather enough ore? Can't remember if there was an npc that did that automatically too.

I miss eatting unicorn meat. :D
Geas. Imagination sold separately.

Skragna
Champion

Re: So half-elves and other things after many years...

#2 Post by Skragna » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Skragna's cut people in half, there's lots of new stuff, I think.

Sairina
Hero

#3 Post by Sairina » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Yeah, besides the Mages, there's also been plenty new areas lately, so you'll have a bit to explore. Don't know how many new high-level enemies there are (was of no interest to me), but there's definitely some. Custom armors/weapons can be made by an NPC (who I think has been around for a while).

lirynel
Veteran

#4 Post by lirynel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:03 pm

iza wrote:Its been several years since I've stopped by. I played this game back when half-elves were first introduced. I remember asking wizards if half-elves could have children and they said they could. My half-elf and his half-elf mate made a cave home in the dwarven mountain before they had a child (think we got an baby item with a little girl desc)...I wonder if the crib is still there. Though half-elves are now infertile and seem to lean towards being emos that live in sewers or are otherwise somewhat socially wierd. (guessing someone was a shadowbane fan)

So how does that leave me as the mother of the baby? Do I rp having had a child (that would be convenient for me) or just pretend it never happened. Not at all sure what to do.

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:01 am

Better break the news to the kid. He's ADOPTED.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Sairina
Hero

#6 Post by Sairina » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:32 am

Better break the news to the kid. He's ADOPTED.
That's actually not a bad idea? Might have some RP opportunities :lol:

lanyara
Overlord

#7 Post by lanyara » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey!!!

Weren't you one of the old canary islands crew members?

If so then perhaps it was actually you who showed me the MUD back then in like ... 2001? (And if not, who else was playing that sneaky, small character-friend of mine <3! All I remember is that it was one of the canary islands crew member ... )

I kind of lost track who from the canary islands played whom, even back then. :( Where did you all go?! The only ones I think that seem to still play sometimes would be PO Ferranifer, I think, and perhaps PO Korsario (when he is not drunk hahaha SORRY!).

Perhaps I am mixing you up with someone else, could have been PO Dalamar. :P

Oh and to your questions, I think the game changed immensely, some things improved, others not. It depends on who you ask too; the game works much better for newcomers than for oldbies.

From among the things that improved, for oldbies though, I think there are some excellent roleplayers, and they can make the game much more interesting. It is one of the few areas where the game itself becomes dynamic because it is the player(character)s who change.
Best race: halflings.

ferranifer
Champion

#8 Post by ferranifer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:13 am

lanyara wrote:Hey!!!

Weren't you one of the old canary islands crew members?

If so then perhaps it was actually you who showed me the MUD back then in like ... 2001? (And if not, who else was playing that sneaky, small character-friend of mine <3! All I remember is that it was one of the canary islands crew member ... )

I kind of lost track who from the canary islands played whom, even back then. :( Where did you all go?! The only ones I think that seem to still play sometimes would be PO Ferranifer, I think, and perhaps PO Korsario (when he is not drunk hahaha SORRY!).
If you are talking about Iza, you probably mean Izydor. He played for a couple of months recently.