A Word of Thanks

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Setsuna

A Word of Thanks

#1 Post by Setsuna » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:48 am

I have been gone for some time from Geas, though not what one would consider a great deal of time. So I was shocked when I came back to see so much activity within both the forums and the MUD itself. A month, perhaps two? That is the extent of my absence.

But, I came back to something that I didn't expect in the slightest. And that was all of the recent changes, though a lot of them don't appear to have been announced.

But my point with this post is to extend my thanks to the Wizards for their recent work put into the MUD, as it's nice to see that they still care how their community feels after so much time has passed.

I was curious if anybody else had these sentiments, as I don't believe I've seen anybody outright thank them for their time, just 'ways to improve'. :twisted:

Love you all,
poSetsuna

Delia
Overlord

Re: A Word of Thanks

#2 Post by Delia » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:00 pm

"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Setsuna

#3 Post by Setsuna » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Aha! You are indeed correct, I looked over that thread last night and saw it, but seem to have forgotten over my sleep.

It's great that wands have such fine descriptions now, compared to how bland they once were. :)

ferranifer
Champion

#4 Post by ferranifer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:28 pm

There is a rather large amount of small changes and fixes that are added to the game on a weekly basis. The work is invisible most of the times, but it's still there. Let's not forget also that it is completely voluntary work.

Our wizards are awesome and they deserve all the praise you can give them, and more. A little token of appreciation, even just a simple thanks goes a long way.

<3

Dapan

#5 Post by Dapan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

My love for the wizzies is implicit, or at least it's meant to be. Big love to all the wizzies, especially Allalltar, Louis, Per and without a doubt Turian. You guys make Geas what it is, no pun intended!

I hope to see some wizzies of years past again someday, too. For example, haven't seen or heard tell of Genesis in ages. Although I think Allalltar/Louis/Per are sharing the role of crazy/fun wizzie these days. What was that last event? Undead chickens? :)

Wade
Professional

#6 Post by Wade » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:56 pm

I want to say thanks for some of the very recent things the Wizards did to make the game more fun. I won't say what it was, but it was great fun. Thanks to all who were involved in making it happen!

Also I wasn't sure where to say this, so I'll just put it here in your thread that is saying thanks. :shock:

Delia
Overlord

#7 Post by Delia » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:15 am

I have been pleasantly impressed by some small changes I have recently, like retrieving items from containers and ground taking time during combat and harbour boards showing next ship due to arrive. There have been several other small things as well that have previously escaped my notice.

Also, receiving quick help with a mage guild problem was nice.

Thank you :)

luminier
Overlord

#8 Post by luminier » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Delia wrote:I have been pleasantly impressed by some small changes I have recently, like retrieving items from containers and ground taking time during combat and harbour boards showing next ship due to arrive. There have been several other small things as well that have previously escaped my notice.

Also, receiving quick help with a mage guild problem was nice.

Thank you :)
agreed, wizards are very active. it's very nice
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#9 Post by Delia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 am

Also, shao masters seem to have a lot going for them these days. I still miss the golden shao days. I had such fun! It is nice to see some of the ideas that were tacklethrown around were implemented. It also feels like the whole milking the guild for martial arts and stuff has been finally resolved. Or atleast comparing combat effectiveness between Delia and Glorfindel with his brand spanking new shao stuff was very telling :D

So go join shaos and aim for black belt, It will be fun :)

glorfindel
Hero

#10 Post by glorfindel » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 am

Delia wrote:Also, shao masters seem to have a lot going for them these days. I still miss the golden shao days. I had such fun! It is nice to see some of the ideas that were tacklethrown around were implemented. It also feels like the whole milking the guild for martial arts and stuff has been finally resolved. Or atleast comparing combat effectiveness between Delia and Glorfindel with his brand spanking new shao stuff was very telling :D

So go join shaos and aim for black belt, It will be fun :)
I am not sure it is resolved, on the contrary I see some people still going that route. However with the new things, it is a lot less attractive now to leave, yet still the shaos are still a 'training board' for all sort of guilds. The amount of people who can rely on shao skills as a accessory to their char is, for my tastes, way to high. Still, the changes that happened, make a shao-master a lot more interesting to play :)

new real shaos are always welcome, of course. Not enough students (and eventually to be masters) in there anyway!

Delia
Overlord

#11 Post by Delia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 am

Yes, retaining skills is possible and as it should be, but as you said it is not as lucrative anymore and just knowing a couple of shao skills is hardly OP. I think a nice balance has been found here, IMHO.

luminier
Overlord

#12 Post by luminier » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:58 pm

I found that knowing Shaolin skills on luminier was actually a detriment to his learning skills after leaving... but not many people go from cloth to heavy armour either. usually go onto become thieves or some lighter armour type "class"

when i left all my shaolin skills were around 70's and 80's and now they are all 10 out of 20 haha... well except meditate!

at least now a days the active shaos seems dedicated to the guild and not using the guild as stepping stone.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#13 Post by Delia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

You silly humans, you can actually forget stuff!

It takes forever to forget them for D, though for RP-reasons I stick with more shao skills than I'd care to but...that is what you get for not severing ties. Eventually replacing all that "space" with mage-skills instead sounds almost too tempting :D