Most Wanted Feature ?

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Allalltar
Master

Most Wanted Feature ?

#1 Post by Allalltar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 am

Hi,

I would be curious as to which feature you would sell your very soul for seeing it inside the game. Please don't mention any bugs here, we have a bug tracker for that. Also, please don't mention stuff of epic size here, keep it to single features. And also, please, keep it precise, resist any attempt to flame.

Thank you

Allalltar

ferranifer
Champion

Re: Most Wanted Feature ?

#2 Post by ferranifer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 am

Custom crafting. Players being able to create their own armors/weapons/infrastructure with gathered materials.

The types of items and the qualities achievable with these items should be governed by crafting skills. The descriptions of these items should be largely determined by the game (let the materials determine some of the description, but let players choose between a list of flare options), but players of high skill levels should have the option to customize them under wizard approval (or even better, peer review).

The materials used to create these items should come from player's work and be designed in a way that promotes interaction (trading, cross-craft dependencies). Until our playerbase increases, these forms of interaction should be achievable offline (add a mechanism to trade materials without requiring direct player to player interaction, like a storehouse, or a buy order auction house).

Then add elements that create permanent change in the world to the crafting lists. Like road checkpoints, barricades, catapults or boats. Or player houses. Let players build their own houses by using the skills at their disposal and their own in-game effort. Let players become blacksmiths of renown, carpenters, tailors, farmers, jewelers.

Aslak
Master

#3 Post by Aslak » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am

Playerinitiated and controlled line devices to link up with friends more easily.

Aturshus
Veteran

#4 Post by Aturshus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Elvandar needs guilds. Why does Arborea get all the guilds? :P
Basically, why not have a guild office for each guild in every city? What's the point of making everybody need to go to Arborea for it? Perhaps an NPC like Xuchal in the other cities because a lot of characters can't go to Elvandar.

Basically, more opportunities for everyone.

louis
Champion

#5 Post by louis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:01 am

Aslak wrote:Playerinitiated and controlled line devices to link up with friends more easily.
Try star amulets

Aslak
Master

#6 Post by Aslak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 am

louis wrote:
Aslak wrote:Playerinitiated and controlled line devices to link up with friends more easily.
Try star amulets
They work without a controlling (guild)orb?

louis
Champion

#7 Post by louis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 am

Aslak wrote:
louis wrote:
Try star amulets
They work without a controlling (guild)orb?
Try star amulets :mrgreen: (This is all you get ooc)

Delia
Overlord

#8 Post by Delia » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

:)

Anyhoo, I am rather divided between crafting and rearranging guilds. A look at either one would certainly please me greatly. Though if you look at the greater picture here, a crafting system would make the game more attractive for newcomers, it would please the current playerbase and it would undoubtedly create a guild or two in the process(which might lead to rethinking the whole guilds, where are they at thingy)
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ferranifer
Champion

#9 Post by ferranifer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 am

louis wrote:Try star amulets :mrgreen: (This is all you get ooc)
There is no way your average player will ever know about them IC. Hell, most players that know of their existence don't know anything about their function either. We can start assuming IC that they actually do have a use and become suddenly curious about them if you want though ;) but I think it'd be a bit weird if all of a sudden people started asking about them, since they... well, you know... don't exist?

Aslak
Master

#10 Post by Aslak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 pm

ferranifer wrote:
louis wrote:Try star amulets :mrgreen: (This is all you get ooc)
There is no way your average player will ever know about them IC. Hell, most players that know of their existence don't know anything about their function either. We can start assuming IC that they actually do have a use and become suddenly curious about them if you want though ;) but I think it'd be a bit weird if all of a sudden people started asking them, since they... well, you know... don't exist?
Then add to the feature request that these items become available for the average char. What use are they if they are secret and too seldom to find ever any use.

ferranifer
Champion

#11 Post by ferranifer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm

I also think that whatever improvement is done to facilitate communication between players should publicly and easily available and not yet another tool for powergroups to remain powergroups. Something a newbie of the game can find and use without needing to jump through loopholes. And definitely not something that can be hoarded and controlled by a few players.

louis
Champion

#12 Post by louis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Hmm. How to say. It is up to a certain group of players to decide wether to bring them into the game (and offer them to the public) - or not. We likely will accept either decision, but we cannot do more than offering a fancy communication method and a way to get it into the game. It is up the the players in charge to make something out of it, or not.

But in general they _could_ _be_ "publicly and easily available and whatever (see above)". That only depends on you, folks;)

And now guess of which group of people I might be speaking ;)

Aslak
Master

#13 Post by Aslak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:08 pm

louis wrote:Hmm. How to say. It is up to a certain group of players to decide wether to bring them into the game (and offer them to the public) - or not. We likely will accept either decision, but we cannot do more than offering a fancy communication method and a way to get it into the game. It is up the the players in charge to make something out of it, or not.

But in general they _could_ _be_ "publicly and easily available and whatever (see above)". That only depends on you, folks;)
You could do well a lot more, you could make them not depend on a small group of players. Geas has some serious lack of communication, and with the new who it got a LOT worse.

louis
Champion

#14 Post by louis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:25 pm

We are aware of the increased communication requirements, poAslak, and as mentioned in several threads already, we will come up with solutions.

To the amulets, I would agree, if the certain group of players would be inactive, but they are not, poAslak.

Allalltar
Master

#15 Post by Allalltar » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Without wanting to sound ungrateful, this whole 'communication' theme is aware to us. We are discussing solutions and will decide where we are going with this. The star amulets are one aspect, they have been mentioned, don't MAKE this thread, which I created for the purpose to bring forth their ideas, not to make this a discussion about one particular theme. If further discussion deems needed, pull it over in a separate thread, Thank you.

That said, I'd be glad to hear any more things that souls can be gained for ;-)

Sairina
Hero

#16 Post by Sairina » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Maybe not really a feature, but I'd like to see custom items not disappear if I don't log in for long enough with one of my sidechars...
a) It's really annoying to log in and find out I've lost stuff, so it will make me lose interest in that char at least for a while - Geas doesn't have a lot of players and therefore probably many sidechars that won't get played often, but still make the world feel more populated than the same 10 well-known faces.
b) I don't see it doing any harm to keep a couple of item files more, even if they aren't needed.
c) If I want to regain a lost item, I have to get it approved by a wizard again, which is just double the time and work for no extra gain, and I think the wizards have better things to do (which is again the reason I'm more likely to not order it again, but just be annoyed and stop playing that char)

Allalltar
Master

#17 Post by Allalltar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:10 am

Please get that char to get in contact with Louis or Myself. I am sure a solution can be found regarding those custom items and they should not be lost.

Dax
Beginner

#18 Post by Dax » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Most wanted feature :STDs!

Bring them back, I haven't seen anyone with crabs in a long time!

Perhaps Yanna could spread some "love" when you visit her as well