Clerics, Too strong? (minor spoilers!)

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

mazarmormuk
Veteran

Re: Clerics, Too strong? (minor spoilers!)

#161 Post by mazarmormuk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am

i ment i see the clerics good in DEFENCE. that includes that double miracle stuff. standing somewhere and someone enters would set him quite in a bad shape.

in HUNTING, as the fight against rex, and as explained above for the taniels, all your miracles but the preparations are rather useless, especially when you need to follow your enemy.

a crit version for miracles, some way of beeing unpredictable, would change that and meanwhile the defence would be lowered with not beeing (that much) able to use the double miracle effect and the chance to be interrupted.
what i finally am suggesting is increasing clerics operation zone in hunting and decreasing clerics strength on one place.

ferranifer
Champion

#162 Post by ferranifer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 am

Aslak wrote:I think he meant possible crit effects on miracles, real crits that can kill instant.
The double miracle "trick" is to request a miracle and "hold" it without releasing it, then requesting a second one. Right as the second one is going to be granted, release the first one and a split second later the second one (using your favourite macro/stopwatch to calculate this).

Adding variance to casting time will drastically reduce cleric's ability to do this.

luminier
Overlord

#163 Post by luminier » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Variable cast time is kinda weird. Melee don't have variable swing time and archers don't have variable load time. I wouldn't mind crit spells, but keeping cast times the same. Especially if spells can be interrupted.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

isengoo
Champion

#164 Post by isengoo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 am

nerf spears and swords and buff polearms and chain weapons

this would balance things 100%

mazarmormuk
Veteran

#165 Post by mazarmormuk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:54 am

yep, spears and swords are simply awful.
dont forget to boost all the rest of weapontypes to a somehow equal level, that ld make the weaponchoice really interresting

luminier
Overlord

#166 Post by luminier » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Better chains?! YES PLEASE =D

I hope whips get made to be the best weapon. Then I can finally make my indiana jones character
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.