Creation myth?

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Crosis

Creation myth?

#1 Post by Crosis » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am

Hi,
Is there an established idea of how the world got created? And/or maybe how the gods came to be?

luminier
Overlord

Re: Creation myth?

#2 Post by luminier » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:57 pm

I don't actually know! Here is all the Lore/legends from the website though...

http://www.geas.de/?page_id=217

and here is the "known history"

http://www.geas.de/?page_id=213

nothing about a creation of Forostar! But I think The continent of Forostar is suppose to be a major continent of the "world" called Geas. Sort of like Europe is a continent on Earth. There is other islands and such around Forostar though.

There is a continent called Samatra that no one has been to or heard of IC. And there is another continent that the humans were created from and fled to Forostar from.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Sairina
Hero

#3 Post by Sairina » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:12 pm

I don't think there is such a thing, though there definitely should be.
Taniel created the Elves, Zhakrin the Dwarves, and Sathonys the Humans (as well as the Insects). I would expect that Evren created animals and plants, being the goddess of life and creation. Zhakrin is said to be the oldest of the gods, so at least they must have had a beginning somehow, but that is all I have been able to find. Since the other gods are clearly opposite pairs (Life+Death, War+Peace, Order+Chaos), maybe they were once parts of a balanced whole and got split into opposing forces by some sort of cosmic disaster?

ghalt
Master

#4 Post by ghalt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:21 am

I like the way the elder scrolls does it--everyone has their own competing creation story and only vague details kinda sorta agree. (and they're all very self-serving to that particular side ^^).

Like, Ghalt's definitely telling anyone that won't burn him for it that zhakrin created all the other gods just to make things interesting? Providing whatever details I want to make up. >_>

Brom
Experienced

#5 Post by Brom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:17 am

ghalt wrote:I like the way the elder scrolls does it--everyone has their own competing creation story and only vague details kinda sorta agree. (and they're all very self-serving to that particular side ^^).

Like, Ghalt's definitely telling anyone that won't burn him for it that zhakrin created all the other gods just to make things interesting? Providing whatever details I want to make up. >_>
I have also been telling this story.

7 gods, and one of them dedicated to total balance.
Itd make total sense it pairs up the others.

Sairina
Hero

#6 Post by Sairina » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:23 am

ghalt wrote:
I like the way the elder scrolls does it--everyone has their own competing creation story and only vague details kinda sorta agree. (and they're all very self-serving to that particular side ^^).

I have also been telling this story.

7 gods, and one of them dedicated to total balance.
Itd make total sense it pairs up the others.
Plus it's the oldest one anyway...