Vote for Our Mud on TMC!

Geas Home

Play the Game

Clickable action bar buttons

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still mud-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Israfel
Experienced

Clickable action bar buttons

Postby Israfel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 am

Hello!

I'm back with more stuff for MUSHclient.

Latest thing is a bunch of clickable buttons for abilities and attacks to complement the map and health bar plugins. Current layout is looking like this:

Full_layout.jpg

Not totally smooth and polished but I think it's looking pretty cool now with the buttons running along the top. And I've modified the health bars to run via GMCP now so it's much more reliable.

What do those buttons do? You click 'em and they send an action to the mud just like you had typed it. After you click it, you can set it to show a 'cooldown' timer too if you want to visually indicate a recovery period.

I play an Asral Warpriest so I've currently got them set up for casting miracles but you could really turn them into anything you wanted including physical attacks, casting spells, eating/drinking, or even setting longer recover timers for reminders like preaching, practising your fishing skills, digging a hole, drinking a beer etc.

The buttons are represented by icons that I just grabbed online (think they're warcraft 3 icons actually :lol: ) but you can use any PNG or BMP file for them. When you hover your mouse over you get a little tooltip. In this one I've set it to tell me the name of the miracle (Refreshing Breeze) and the time it will take to request that miracle (14 seconds).

breeze_clicked.jpg

After you click it you get one countdown timer for the request of the miracle.

And after you have cast it I've set it up to modify the recovery again to show how long Refreshing Breeze will likely last (4 minutes). If it expires during that time I've set up a trigger to override that recovery timer.

breeze_cast.jpg

If you try to click that button during recovery, it's set to not allow it! But if you want to override it just SHIFT + CLICK the button and it'll clear the recovery.

As always, anyone interested can contact me for the whole bunch. I'm attempting to get it set up in a pre-setup MUSHclient zip file so all you need to do is open it up and away you go. Would be great to have the file hosted on geas homepage rather than the forums though as I'm not sure many newbie find their way here.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arsicas
Veteran

Re: Clickable action bar buttons

Postby Arsicas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Cool. :)
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.

Return to “General”