Druids - looking for Feedback and Ideas

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Kythaela
Beginner

Re: Druids - looking for Feedback and Ideas

#21 Post by Kythaela » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 pm

So, I have a problem with the hoods for druids.
Earlier today, I forgot I had the hood pulled over my face and walked into Elvander.
Instantly killed.
Being that I have little combat experience, have no armour but clothing, I was instently killed in 1 round.
Fine, I will eat it.
But when I attempted to retrieve my gear, I was killed again because now, guards have marked me as an enemy of the city.
Now, even more so, I can't enter the shrine of Evren because my Karma is totally thrashed.
I was forced to rp a situation that I had no choice to play out only because of game code.
That made the rp no fun.
Evren will not allow you to enter her gates unless you have decent karma.
I had to pray at Taniel's temple wich made my stat situation even worse.
Dieing twice in less then 2 minutes made it for a very bad day.
Now, I wonder if its even worth continue to playing Kythaela because of her stat situation?
I noticed that Taniels can wear hoods and they don't get attacked.
Any chance the druids hood can work somewhat the same?
I mean, we have no armour to wear, and it would only be cloth, but it might give some protection anyways for the head.
At least until we find out where the guilds future lays.
Don't even know why I had the darn thing pulled over my face anyways.
Think I was toying around with it and just forgot it was pulled up.
Is there a way that situations like this, after you die, guards will not keep you marked as an enemy of the city?
I mean, its not like I stole anything, and I am not a deathpriest.
I understand that apparently wearing the hood is a very powerful tool, not sure how, or why.
Guess that is just lack of game knowledge or something.
But if we can get our name removed from the guards hit list after dieing would be great.

Allalltar
Master

#22 Post by Allalltar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 am

That trice damned hood... I'll just remove the code for it as soon as I can this afternoon.

As for the situation, the warning code apparently didn't work again. It got me too many druids killed. I'll go and fix the situation for this is a mechanic no new player can be aware of and it is never mentioned anywhere... when I see you online, I'll also correct vitality and karma loss. Sorry for that :|

Also "wearning hoods" and "wearing hoods" is two totally different things. Wearing a hood as in a taniel thing is -not- masking their appearance. The druid hood is.

Arsicas
Master

#23 Post by Arsicas » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Yeah, I kinda wonder if there is a need for druids to have hoods? Besides just to be mysterious? :P The other guilds that can hide their appearance seem to do so because they're out murdering and causing other trouble. But druids would probably be fine if the hoods didn't hide their appearance.
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.

Delia
Overlord

#24 Post by Delia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 am

You could still retain the hood effect as a spell? You cast the spell and go incognito. Optionally it could cloak the druid in other ways as well, like fool other believe the druid is in animal form or work as invisibility in forests or something.

Another spell could work in tandem with this, one similar to the shao power but just potentially more powerful. A peace effect that removes druid from combat states for everyone for a moment so the druid can slip away.

The power that I suggested earlier that allows for moving others could work fine too.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ferranifer
Champion

#25 Post by ferranifer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:46 am

Shapeshifting into an animal would be great and it'd serve any concealment purpose without causing issues with the anti-criminal guard AI. E.g. become a deer. It'd be fun to RP a deer too, both in an interactive bespoke way and in a "behave like an NPC" way. It'd be fantastic to become an owl, an elusive silverfalcon or a rabbit.

It also paves the way to shapeshifting into giant badass bears. *wink wink*

Delia
Overlord

#26 Post by Delia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:21 am

A druid could carry a small animal and release it.
A druid could command an animal to follow.
A druid could tell animal to roam <direction> or stay put.
A druid could cast invisibility on an animal.
A druid could use the senses of an animal, making it a spy.

Example:
A druid released a falcon and tells it to roam northwards. The falcon tries to travel north with some deviation as long as it can and fly back. The druid uses animal sense(name pending)and sees and hears what the animal sees and hears.

A druid could possess animals. Druid character would go dormant and the player would control the animal. Druid is unprotected unless other powers are used.
A druid could freeze a body of water.
A druid could melt a frozen body of water.
A druid could sense lifeforms around him/her across multiple rooms.
A druid could sense what is hidden below ground.
A druid could move earth easily. Perhaps even mine and damage golems.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Allalltar
Master

#27 Post by Allalltar » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 am

Thank again everyone for all of your feedback and ideas. If you have more, please keep them coming.

Also, on a seperate note, am also looking for a few ritual emotes, if anyone feels like contributing here.

ceinna
Veteran

#28 Post by ceinna » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Can we please get our hoods back but maybe add a thing where the guards STOP us instead of autoattacking and tell us we can not go in while hooded? I miss the hoods :(