Think? (testing out polls)

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Do you want think to show a char's thoughts again?

Yes
45%
No
41%
Undecided
14%

Total votes: 22

iske

#21 Post by iske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:18 pm

I agree that think shouldn't be implemented anymore. I liked it back then and I did use it, but often enough someone would simply ignore the fact that it was thinking. And you're right it is irritating because you don't know how to react on thinking.
The only way I find 'think' nice is for yourself, so you can give your char thoughts and make it clearer for yourself what your char (and not yourself) would be thinking. But hey, I can easily make a think command with my client that shows my char's thoughts only in my window.

iza
Veteran

#22 Post by iza » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:16 am

I kinda dwindled my thinking to once in a while and to those that i know enjoy and know how to RP with them. I follow my guildlines closely now to avoid the mistakes of the past or using with people that don't know how to RP with them.

I don't think they should be reinplemented, emote are fine with me when i do feel like using thinks. This is only because by the sound of it, no one has ever really used them to their full advantage or used them properly. Like i said when i first started using them there weren't really any guildlines for me to follow. Its a shame really, i've played a RPI muds for a while and really the only time the RP gets that intense in geas is when thinks/tell/emotes are used.

I can't express just how oocly enjoyable the game becomes when they are used properly.

Having said that I have no problem me thinking something and someone emoting they notice something in my face and saying "i bet your thinking..":)
Geas. Imagination sold separately.

lirynel
Veteran

#23 Post by lirynel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:17 am

I just came across an NPC that 'thinks'. Are there many of them I wonder?