NPC's and custom items

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

lirynel
Veteran

NPC's and custom items

#1 Post by lirynel » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:04 pm

I just wanted to say I think it's really mean that having killed you, NPC's will take your custom weapons and other items you had on you. Having died to an NPC earlier today I tried to get my stuff back from where I died, only to find I was missing several items. When I checked the NPC's they had it in their inventory. I tried several times to get my stuff back but died each time. After 4 deaths (I think) on top of a lot of other recent deaths. I've given up now.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#2 Post by Abharsair » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Assuming you're talking about the tundra barbarians (who killed you according to the log files) I checked their code and couldn't find anything which would make them take your stuff. They scalp and disarm you, but that's about it. I also couldn't find any log entry for someone controlling them. Therefore if you want us to check what happened, we need more details.

1) Who killed you?
2) Why did they kill you?
3) Who took your stuff?
4) Did you see him/her/them take your stuff?
5) Do you per chance have a log file?

If any of that is sensitive information you don't want the public to know, commune me, send me a mudmail or an email.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Jegga

#3 Post by Jegga » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:20 am

If your custom items where two gemmed rings, a golden ring, a silver necklace, a pair of castanets and a runic ring with an impressive ruby, and you died in the Asador part of the Tundra, then I must say that it wasn't any NPC.

Just to clear any confusion and save time browsing through logfiles, I took the above mentioned items and sold them in the Asador shop. No weapons or custom items were there though, and the rest of the stuff I left on the ground. Nothing personal, as I didn't even know whom they were property of. The runic ring I didn't sell, but I don't really see any way for Jegga to even talk to your character in game at all.