Evil side

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

lanyara
Overlord

Re: Evil side

#81 Post by lanyara » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Asador being more open would help a bit I think. It could retain the "Satho cult" (as focus), but also become more a town - albeit unusual - that can live with "visitors", without killing them all too quickly (or not wanting them in the first place). Or in other words... have Asador a bit more attractive for people to enter without wanting to fight or end up as ghoul necessarily. You could kill them later anyway ... :D (and forbidden areas could be guarded by NPCs or monsters which would not allow passage or might even auto-attack...)

Ironhold perhaps as well - even without Lilith worshippers. Some way where you might earn "reputation" in or for Ironhold, and then the monsters wouldn't all try to kill you instantly. (The exact way to earn reputation ... no idea. Perhaps bringing scalps of elves or humans, or by paying large amount of coins? Or some other way ...)

And a new continent might further extend these options.

Making areas slightly more accessible in general would help a bit attract a little bit more ... folks to visit ... (if it make sense ... it probably does not make much sense to invite crusaders free travel in Asador, and I also don't think a crusader would necessarily want to buy something nasty in an Asador pub and eat that either. But that's just an extreme, there can be "grey zones" without immediate PvP).
Not everyone who should visit Asadaor should necessarily have to become a cleric or join some other evil guild, but there will be simply times when it is somewhat boring if you don't have anyone to interact with other than solely stronger and stronger PvP.
Last edited by lanyara on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best race: halflings.

Desiderea
Master

#82 Post by Desiderea » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 pm

lanyara wrote:Ironhold perhaps as well - even without Lilith worshippers. Some way where you might earn "reputation" in or for Ironhold, and then the monsters wouldn't all try to kill you instantly. (The exact way to earn reputation ... no idea. Perhaps bringing scalps of elves or humans, or by paying large amount of coins? Or some other way ...)
Yes, I'd like to see some "evil" towns where things don't try to kill everyone automatically. Maybe only if you have good karma or something? Or if you have bad reputation in the town because you're always killing goblinoids or undead, etc. It seems rather hard to become a follower of Lilith or Sathonys right now, and then once you are a follower, you're going to get hunted by Crusaders and Tanielites anyway...

ganandorf
Overlord

#83 Post by ganandorf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Open up asador and anyone who goes there is going to be deemed "evil" by the crusade. That's just how its gonna be.
Meow

isengoo
Champion

#84 Post by isengoo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 pm

They don't need to know who goes there :P

ganandorf
Overlord

#85 Post by ganandorf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Watchtowers help make it their business.
Meow

Skragna
Champion

#86 Post by Skragna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:40 pm

How would the Crusade even know you went there? Unless, of course, they asked the guards, who would attack them. Anyone else they can't trust to not be a spy for Asador itself.

lanyara
Overlord

#87 Post by lanyara » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Well, Arborea has shiplines to Asador.

If these shiplines are kept then there must be evil people in Arborea. :>

ganandorf
Overlord

#88 Post by ganandorf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Ships true, forgot about that :D
Meow

Skragna
Champion

#89 Post by Skragna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 pm

If an evil character is sneaky, they can get into Elvandar or Arborea, but nobody but evil characters can get into Asador.

Sairina
Hero

#90 Post by Sairina » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:21 am

What determines whether or not you can get into Asador, anyway?

ganandorf
Overlord

#91 Post by ganandorf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 am

Really the deciding factor is whether or not Ganon likes you, and whether or not you're of any use to him.
Meow

adanath
Champion

#92 Post by adanath » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Which is why I am going to make a really really drop dead gorgeous female tshahark with a tail that Ganon cannot resist. Then its over.

lanyara
Overlord

#93 Post by lanyara » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Over for Ganon or Adanath :DDD

adanath
Champion

#94 Post by adanath » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm

For everyone else in the mud who will all die to the blessed (by Sathonys) half Ganon half tshahark babies running around eating and killing everything, and bringing everyone into subjection.

lanyara
Overlord

#95 Post by lanyara » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh man that's just scary ... chastity-tshaharks aren't so bad after all.

Arwenth
Master

#96 Post by Arwenth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

adanath wrote:For everyone else in the mud who will all die to the blessed (by Sathonys) half Ganon half tshahark babies running around eating and killing everything, and bringing everyone into subjection.
I believe I can go ahead and take the official Crusade stance....

KILL IT WITH FIRE.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

Zehren
Overlord

#97 Post by Zehren » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Arwenth wrote:
adanath wrote:For everyone else in the mud who will all die to the blessed (by Sathonys) half Ganon half tshahark babies running around eating and killing everything, and bringing everyone into subjection.
I believe I can go ahead and take the official Crusade stance....

KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Powerful mage solution: "Oh, why, yes. Those." *reads aloud from a scroll* *mumbles some words* *gets bitten by now shrinked to perhaps an inch big ganonark.* "Hi-hi, it tickles!"
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

ganandorf
Overlord

#98 Post by ganandorf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Yes yes I can see it now. Thousands (yes thousands) of green skinned baby ganonarks ravaging cities. They'd be like insects, but instead of trying to cut you with swords, they would just eat you. And because I'll be so busy taking care of the ganonarks, crusaders will mop the floor with me. But then the mother of the ganonarks will be impressed with adanaths (or any other large tshahark crusaders) big muscles and ability to pound me into the ground, so she'll leave me for him, and thousands and thousands of tshaharks will be made to combat with the ganonarks. Ruining my plan for world domination.
Meow

Arwenth
Master

#99 Post by Arwenth » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

ganandorf wrote:Yes yes I can see it now. Thousands (yes thousands) of green skinned baby ganonarks ravaging cities. They'd be like insects, but instead of trying to cut you with swords, they would just eat you. And because I'll be so busy taking care of the ganonarks, crusaders will mop the floor with me. But then the mother of the ganonarks will be impressed with adanaths (or any other large tshahark crusaders) big muscles and ability to pound me into the ground, so she'll leave me for him, and thousands and thousands of tshaharks will be made to combat with the ganonarks. Ruining my plan for world domination.
But...Crusade tshaharks are chaste. They're not allowed to do the club and cave dance....
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

lanyara
Overlord

#100 Post by lanyara » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Crusade tshaharks are chaste. They're not allowed to do the club and cave dance
Would the club and cave dance be an evil action? :)