Craft skills

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Delia
Overlord

Craft skills

#1 Post by Delia » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:35 am

Compared to combat skills, most of the craft skills are hard to improve, let alone getting rid of decay. When you need the effort to gather materials for hours and then processing the said materials it is a bit disheartening to see that your hours of work did not even budge the decayed skill towards it current maximum...
So could craft skills be a bit easier to learn? Or could shopkeepers have more of the materials needed available for sale? Or could craft-skills decay be easier to get rid of if not improving?
Ok most of my problems with improving craft skills are to do with Delia's overall experience, I think. It just would be nice to know if others have the same problem as I?
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Kortha
Master

#2 Post by Kortha » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:15 am

Gemcutting is particularly evil in this area. I've been 1 point away from total relearning a couple times now, and then gone to cut some gems and had it decrease again. However, I think gemcutting at least *needs* to be that annoying, because it's possible to get insanely rich with it. I don't know a lot about rate of learning on other craft skills, but I do think it's kinda ridiculous that even almost perfect parchments are practically worthless.
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

Delia
Overlord

#3 Post by Delia » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:01 pm

well, parchmentmaking has been my main area of focus for almost all the time I have played Geas, and I have encountered these problems with it too. If it is not inappropriate to mention it, my skill in parchmenmaking is 56, after about 3+RL years of playing, and I've made parchments by the thousands. Perhaps decreasing the decay start is a good suggestion too?
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra