reputation/allignment

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

chara
Wizard

#21 Post by chara » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:07 am

I don't know about you, but I feel a certain sense of accomplishment when I am holy (or damned) than just slightly good or slightly evil (depending on the character). I also think that the levels serve as a good reminder when someone starts to slip. I don't really see an advantage to removing the different levels - it takes away an aspect of roleplay, and I can't see a big advantage. Though maybe you see one that I've missed?

jezz
Hero

#22 Post by jezz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:14 am

In my oppinion, reputation is 100% RP _except_ for crusaders. This whole discussion is just because crusader can't get their aura if their reputation is not good and it goes down when they attack someone with a good reputation in code, but who is evil to the root in his ic actions.

So I agree with Chara, I don't think removing levels would help crusaders. Whatever, from my experience, going from neutral to good in Eal-Deliah with crusader weapons shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes killing ghouls & Co.

Olrane
Champion

#23 Post by Olrane » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:00 pm

I completely agree with Jezz. I don't think the Crusaders should even use detect evil, instead spend time investigating (it's WAY more fun to be actually caught stealing than be told by aura...even if it might suck, we all love RP, good or bad) but I won't take their tool away, since it's so precious to them. Real reputation is RP, and frankly, with the current reputation system, the "Lord and Lady" are frickin' liars.