diety

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

valgor
Beginner

diety

#1 Post by valgor » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:41 pm

Sorry if this is already posted. I diddent feel like looking.

Valgor recently listend to some asral preach once. Then after a little bit of play time i found myself worshiping this god. I ignored the messages that were apprearing saying i was starting to worship asral as it did not occur to me that listening to only one preach would make me worship asral. This is kindof annoying me now that i have to switch gods since im sure he wont be worshiping asral if he even decided to worship anyone. And i will be stuck with a penatly for switching. So i think that it shouldent be that easy to devote yourself to a god.

Delia
Overlord

#2 Post by Delia » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:39 am

I think staying in a godless state is quite hard, and what comes to switching deities, if you dedica some time to the god you worship you should not have any worries about accidentally converting. Of course not listening to the preaches of other gods clerics helps.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Vargrahim
Master

#3 Post by Vargrahim » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:29 am

There was recenently a change which made you automatically turns your faith based upon your actions and impressions. So, listening to a cleric of a god you "don't" worship will make you believe what the cleric says (if he is good). I think that since all gods are known, it's not a question _if_ you believe in gods, it's which you're closest to, and this is what the choice of god reflects.

As Delia said, just sacrifice to the god you wish to worship and you will turn to this faith. But, I think there is no "penalty for switching" since it goes automatic.

chara
Wizard

#4 Post by chara » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 am

So, wait... you got a message saying that something was going to happen, you didn't do anything about it, and then you complain that it happened?

*ponders*

Kortha
Master

#5 Post by Kortha » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:07 pm

Listening to one preach of a god isn't going to change your faith if you've got good enough favour with another god. And worshipping a god doesn't mean you have to rp a zealot. I'm with Chara though - WHY did you ignore those messages? Do you think the mud just got bored enough to spit out random useless stuff, or what? :P
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

valgor
Beginner

heh

#6 Post by valgor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:05 pm

bad wording i guess. I wasent sure if there was still a penalty for switching gods. And i was just trying to say that one preach shouldent make you believe in a god.

gen
Experienced

#7 Post by gen » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:29 am

I killed one beliver and i wasn´t able to please the god in time even though i tryed to that made me change the god

Blizt
Hero

#8 Post by Blizt » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:31 am

Also, something I noticed......I attacked a Taniel follower once, not him attacking me, and well, it messed his faith up. Now roleplay wise I am glad Taniel saw what happended and was pissed off at him, but codewise, I think I should have been the one who lost the faith in Taniel for attacking one of his followers. Maybe I did loose alot of faith, I dont know, but it wasnt enough to notice, unless I already had a large amount to begin with, and the other follower had a small amount. Just thought I would add this in case it helps with something. Dont know if I should have lost more faith or whatever than I did.