Changed butcher

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

kaspars
Journeyman

Changed butcher

#1 Post by kaspars » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:14 am

My observations:

room ..
Many pieces of goblin meat, a piece of goblin meat, a piece of goblin meat, a piece of goblin meat ...

First OOC thought - yuck .. butchers - maniacs. It will be a bit weird and ugly, if good ones will start to butcher creatures for something else then eating.
First IC thought - somebody crazy around .. maybe Jezz is awake!

Didnt test new butchering system yet, still I hope it really has some penalties/limits, because, lets imagine, if Blizt butchers slain Jezz :twisted: , I doubt average mr.Smith will understand this act and Blizt reputation should drop drastically (Holy Taniel, this crusader is not far from those maniacs, who kill people to praise their god, dont want him near.)

In case, if butchering orcs and goblins was available all the time .. hmm, how did I miss that? :)

Blizt
Hero

#2 Post by Blizt » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah, from what I observed, butchering a troll even lowers rep.
I am not sure if I am correct or not, but I think it lowered someones rep when he butchered a troll in Ironhold, and another chars rep when he ate the troll meat, not sure. If not , maybe it should. I am not going to lie, Blizt did butcher a halforc , and I did notice a rep drop later, but that could have come from other things as well. I agree that if anyone sees someone butcher or dissecting humanoid corpses, the rep drop should be immense, along with a penalty for raising it back up. I also think this should be the case with anyone caught stealing or murdering people as well. If a citizen or someone sees a person murder/steal from/dissect or butcher the corpse of someone, what are they going to think? Exactly like PO Kaspars put it, they are a maniac and so forth. How long will it take them to change their mind? Its not something that going to Eal Deliah and killing a few undeads should change. I think that certain acts should have harsher consequences. Dont know if thats the way it is or not, doesnt look like it to me , but it could be that way. I know people have said you can go attack the faeries (good or evil one) and not even kill them, and this will raise your rep (if you attack the evil ones) and lower your rep (if you attack the good ones) without even killing them. Even if thats not the truth, I have seen alot of people try this anyways. Entering the room, attacking one set, then immediatly entering the next room, attacking the next pair, until they attack all, then just leave.

Devi
Hero

#3 Post by Devi » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:54 pm

As far as butcher and reputation goes - it says butchering sentient beings lowers reputation in the helpfile.

From the other discussion, reputation is how the gods see you, so it doesn't make a difference if someone watches you do something good or evil or not.

You can become evil by killing the good faeries, but cannot become good by killing the evil faeries. The evil faeries are very fun to kill though. >:)

As far as I know, stealing (whether or not you're caught or observed) lowers reputation. I'm not positive though.

I don't agree with the murder or looting thing. Those shouldn't lower reputation.

In my opinion, murdering (which I take to mean killing for reasons other than self-defence or justice) or looting goblins would be just as evil as murdering an elf or Volog. In this sort of mud, functioning would be impossible if hunting *anything* other than skeletons and non-sentients lowered rep. I'm willing to argue about this in the other thread. >:)

There's a lot more discussion about this in the reputation thread, and someone (maybe Chara?) said that the system will change to have different reps for different areas and god (I think) in the future. Don't quote me on it though. :D

Abharsair
Site Admin

Re: Changed butcher

#4 Post by Abharsair » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:54 pm

kaspars wrote:First OOC thought - yuck .. butchers - maniacs. It will be a bit weird and ugly, if good ones will start to butcher creatures for something else then eating.
Well, butchering a humanoid/sentient being like a pig is sick.
kaspars wrote:Didnt test new butchering system yet, still I hope it really has some penalties/limits
It has certain consequences, yes.
kaspars wrote:In case, if butchering orcs and goblins was available all the time .. hmm, how did I miss that? :)
It's new.

adanath
Champion

hmm

#5 Post by adanath » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Adanath is a genuinely hungry tshahark. Why can't he see what darkelf tastes like? Hungry iszzsszs.