Druids

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Skragna
Champion

Re: Druids

#41 Post by Skragna » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

I'd /LOVE/ to see the guild reopen. If I had any experience whatsoever coding and the like, I'd even happily send an application in to be their imm, but... alack. It couldn't hurt the game to have a few more of them running around.

lili
Experienced

Re: Druids

#42 Post by lili » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 pm

I would too:P

I keep reading this blur of things going back and forth about how Pk just must be there for a guild to even make sense or have purpose, this isn't true. There may be bugs in the druids but from what i've seen by being around druids in game is that they had ways to defend and hurt others without actually 'killing't them as that would go against EVREN anyway. Just because the druids wasn't the Norm it doesn't mean that they were just bad or that they didn't make sense. In a world of RP and PK, if you get bored its your own fault. Nothing in RP is limited, except a person's imagination.

From my understanding the reason the druids are the way they are now is because they were meant to not kill people and they abused it and helped others kill and take life, Just the other day i saw a druid killing a goblin. By all means thats her rp, but when your god says no and there isn't any backing to it, people are going to abuse the crap out of stuff, its the same on every mud. You have your pot stirrers(ppl who love to make conflict), You have your loyalist (those who just want to stick to the rp of following their god in all aspects), You have your good rpers, You have your 'I'm tryign to be a good rper' and you have horrible rpers and then those who don't rp, they just log on, see a person sitting there and sneak in and kill them, No rp before, barely a word after. the you have your old players who return just to have a bit of fun which normally just hurts the new players who are trying to learn the mud still. *shrugs* with all that, I can gladly welcome a guild that is confused as a peaceloving guild simply because they dont want to -take life-. I guess its in the eye of the beholder.

But anyway.
There is more to do in the forest than to just plant trees. The druid's rp is rich and beautiful in all aspects and it is far more detailed than maybe some people even realize from the lack of druids and contact with said druids. The druid's rp enwraps around every religion and every mortal, so the broad scope o the druids is rightly endless unless someone puts their big toe in and stirs a pot without thinking of future acceptances just because they are bored and haven't taken the time to understand the ideals behind them.
(= You guys need to vote =)