Tshahark Details

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

luminier
Overlord

Re: Tshahark Details

#21 Post by luminier » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Im inclined to agree. Tshaharks are dumb, so are animals. But they have to know how to hunt at least somewhat well to have lived without eating eachother, which means they have the kind of intelligence that suits them.

Tshaharks were born specifically for fighting and in my opinion they shouldn't do anything else, unless they are doing it very poorly.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Skragna
Champion

#22 Post by Skragna » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Tshahark should also be somewhat capable of sneaking/hiding, or at least learned in the art of camouflage, as that's one of the easiest military tactics EVER. I.E, if anything like ghillie suits are invented, tshahark wouldn't have too hard a time making them... (except for the fact they're ten foot tall and have tails)

matusalem
Master

#23 Post by matusalem » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 am

Stealth in general is tough. My best experience with it has been with an elf and a halfling, and I can tell you as a halfling, with superlative skill, good agility, and a small size, it only works some of the time. It's very frustrating being as good as you possibly can be at stealth, and still having people see you plain as day. I've tried raising the stealth of a Tshahark character, and it's tough. I'll be very impressed with the Tshahark who sticks with it and manages to max the related skills; however, I don't know how effective they'll be in the end. I do agree; in my mind, it would make perfect sense a Tshahark would have some ability to sneak up on game or prey. (Animals are some of the toughest things to sneak up on. Animals and Andy.) Low intelligence doesn't mean incompetent baby. I've viewed it as being more driven by animalistic instincts rather than introspective or abstract thought, and sneaking up on one's victim is very much keeping with those kind of instincts.

luminier
Overlord

#24 Post by luminier » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Animals, Andy, i see no difference.

as for sneaking around, the God-hark, Mathias tried such a path and was as far as I know after mastering it still quite unsuccessful even with no armour or carrying anything.

tshaharks are big and it's important to remember that. there are somethings they just can't do well (like being a super stealth ninja) and there are things they should be doing extremely well (like breaking faces).

this semi harkens back to the days when people would complain about how tshaharks were broken. when you really think about it there is no way a 6ft human even in peak physical condition, like Luminier lets say, would be able to swing a 10ft lance and kill a giant that is 10metres tall while dodging both it's clubs while in chains. now replace that puny human with a massive tshahark that is actually pretty fast for his size, and you gotta killing machine plain and simple.

tshaharks were made for killin, and thats just what they'll do. one of these days they're gonna kill you.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#25 Post by Delia » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:28 am

tshaharks were made for killin, and thats just what they'll do. one of these days they're gonna kill you.
Hence the prejudice and fear which should be more apparent. I'd do it with Delia but given how she was "raised up" she'd need something more than my sentiments as a player to give her a change of heart. Now I'll just stick to condescending cordiality for the time being.

Stealth in general is very hard. For elves and halflings with maxed skills ang superb agility alike. There are(?)many factors that are not covered one needs to figure out. Room sizes, ambient light, carried light, carried stuff, environment and so forth. You usually require good conditions if you wish to sneak and hide successfully against other player characters.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra