Wargs

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

Wargs

#1 Post by ganandorf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:58 pm

There are a few things i just wanted to bring up about them. possible ideas
Average cost is 55-60 gold coins, compared to other mounts, they are quite possibly the weakest in the game (bar the mule) their constitution is aweful, and their only purpose is to be ridden around.
As well you cannot have any "attachments" for your warg
no saddlebags, no saddle, no bridle (all these things are understandable)
the one that is the most problematic is the fact that you cannto have armour for a warg.

Now you might say , its a wolf It would not let you put any kind of armour on it, That is true, But would a wolf even let you ride it?

I can understand it not liking metal armour, but would leather armour or something like that be possible, I just feel they are too weak and not worth 50 gold coins, though with a small addition of armour, they could be made a bit better.
Meow

ganandorf
Overlord

Re: Wargs

#2 Post by ganandorf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:05 pm

If this is too IC let me know, ill delete it
Meow

tessa
Overlord

#3 Post by tessa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:35 pm

Average cost from my experience is 41-43 gold. Compared to 86 gold for a plowhorse and 97 gold for other non-warhorse types. So you're paying less than half the cost for a warg that you would for a non-warhorse.

While their constitution does suck, they seem to be faster and only slightly less stronger than your typical non-warhorse. I also think they'll not flee from combat like non-warhorses do, which is a definite plus if it's true.

From my gathering though, they're not really meant for combat, but more for riding purposes, much like the non-warhorses (with the exception of plow horses, which have an alternative purpose). And if I remember correctly, warhorses are the only mounts that can wear armour.

So basically, you're buying a riding mount that's half the price of other riding mounts on top of being faster, at the cost of it being less sturdy. To me, that's not really a bad trade off. I'd complain more about the fact that Asador is the only place that stalls them, and that only smaller chars can fit on them.

On the other hand, considering the apparent short lifespan of wargs in pvp situations, giving them some sort of leathern armour might not be such a bad thing.

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 pm

I did not think of it that way:d
I just find it unfair that a 50 gold mount (expensive for some) can easily be killed, i know of a few characters who could most likely one shot it.
Just a few light leather armours would be sufficient
Meow

Zengo
Professional

#5 Post by Zengo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 am

I can think of another advantage Wargs have over all other mounts as well.

I won't mention it here, but it is a huge one. They can do things no other mounts can.

I think the price of them is very reasonable.

sun
Master

#6 Post by sun » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:42 am

Agree there with Zengo.. they have a "hidden" feature. The price is not bad in comparison to what you get.

ganandorf
Overlord

#7 Post by ganandorf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 am

Well then I'll have to explore that supposed hidden feature.
I wasnt saying that wargs need to be boosted statwise, because i think they are pretty decent in that sense. But i just know there are some characters *cough*Luminier,Adanath*cough* Who could most likely kill my warg in one or two hits. I try my best but sometimes they can't really be avoided. I was just suggesting the idea of armour, so that might be curbed a bit
Meow

Delia
Overlord

#8 Post by Delia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 am

An armoured warhorse usually lasts some seconds against four goblins, for comparison.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ganandorf
Overlord

#9 Post by ganandorf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

Oh okay, never mind then its not too farr off. I had thought it was just wargs that were really weak
Meow