Party!

Forum to announce MUD parties, and to report one's participation.

Moderator: Wizards

Abharsair
Site Admin

Party!

#1 Post by Abharsair » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:56 am

Hi there,

I am pleased to announce the Geas party for 2005. Its date will be Saturday, August 20th, and the location will be again a kind of small village near Regensburg, Germany (Bavaria).

Those of you who will come by car will be provided with a detailed description for how to get here. If you travel by train, your target destination will be the beautiful city of Regensburg, from where we will pick you up. In case you arrive by plane, please choose Munich or Nuremberg as your destination, and if you warn us ahead of time, we will pick you up there as well.

Places to stay are no problem (assuming you inform us of your arrival), and if the weather is nice and you prefer to do so, you can also be provided with a place to camp. For the party itself we might charge you a small fee of between 5 and 10 Dollars/Euros, which is solely used to cover the costs for drinks and food.

If you decide to come, we suggest that you bring your bathing suit, because our parties tend to end up kind of wet, be it because of a midnight boat ride under the influence of alcohol, or being tossed into a river (also under the influence of alcohol). You are also welcome to combine coming to the party with sightseeing. Regensburg itself is really picturesque in a medieval kind of way (http://www.regensburg.de), and well-known cities such as Munich or Nuremberg are just an hour's drive away. So if you decide to do that, we'll gladly extend our hospitality for a couple more days.

Last but not least, for those of you who have already attended mud parties, but who are not familiar with Geas parties, I'd like to add that many of us are not the typical "can-only-talk-about-mud"-geeks, so you don't have to be afraid of having to listen to a gazillion of troll-slaying and "my char is so cool" stories. Anyway, if you decide to come, please send either a mudmail to "admin", or an email to "admin@geas.de", or post here in this forum. The last option is the preferred one.

The Geas Admin
Last edited by Abharsair on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

yegerfin
Journeyman

#2 Post by yegerfin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:00 pm

Well, there's relatively good chance i'll be able to come... will know more near the start of august...

Prepare some boars :wink: in case i do

muzharab
Experienced

Mud party

#3 Post by muzharab » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:38 pm

Hello,

I don't mean to scare anyone, but there is a relatively good chance that I'd be joining the festivities myself. I should know more by the end of next month.

Hopefully I'll see you all there, I have a gazillion of stories about troll-slaying and my cool char.

Muz

Kortha
Master

#4 Post by Kortha » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:01 pm

I'd love to be able to come, but it's rather hard for a broke American with no passport to get over there, heh. Make sure to have plenty of fun without me. :)
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

stilgar
Champion

#5 Post by stilgar » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:48 pm

I'll try my best to get there too. And looking forward to make a who's a better dwarf contest!! :twisted:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

Abharsair
Site Admin

#6 Post by Abharsair » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:04 pm

Kortha wrote:I'd love to be able to come, but it's rather hard for a broke American with no passport to get over there, heh. Make sure to have plenty of fun without me. :)
Well, tickets from the US to Germany start at about $300 if you're lucky and do a thorough search. But I suppose for someone who is broke, even $300 is too much. Not to mention the whole passport thing. ;)

tessa
Overlord

#7 Post by tessa » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:23 pm

I'm lucky to have $3 most of the time, more or less $300. :p

pennywise
Wizard

#8 Post by pennywise » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi there,
of course me and my 25 mortals will attend the party as last year to aid
Abharsair and Mazarmormuk with the boat and the girls. I also promise to bring a pair of clean shoes so don't worry about your carpet this year ;)
Oh, and I will bring an oil lamp and my bow for the traditional werewolf hunt.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, come and we'll tell you the whole story at the party. It was a lot of fun. You can read some of it at the party pictures.

Penny the party clown

Abharsair
Site Admin

#9 Post by Abharsair » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:09 pm

pennywise wrote:Oh, and I will bring an oil lamp and my bow for the traditional werewolf hunt.
Maybe this will shed some light onto it:

http://geas.de/wiki/index.php/MUD%20Party%20Adventures

Atrophius

#10 Post by Atrophius » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:04 pm

Kortha wrote:I'd love to be able to come, but it's rather hard for a broke American with no passport to get over there, heh. Make sure to have plenty of fun without me. :)
I agree with Kortha. Plus, being essentially underage, I wouldn't be able to go, anyway. ;)

mazarmormuk
Veteran

#11 Post by mazarmormuk » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:39 pm

if the known world doesnt break down, a ll surely not miss the hunt!
prepare some axes, werewolf, we need to build a better boat for it...

Abharsair
Site Admin

#12 Post by Abharsair » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:43 am

mazarmormuk wrote:if the known world doesnt break down, a ll surely not miss the hunt!
prepare some axes, werewolf, we need to build a better boat for it...
Just bring enough cigarettes for the boat ride this time. We all know how nightly searches for cigarettes can end. Pennywise's cell phone is proof for that.

iske

#13 Post by iske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:27 am

I'll be there, if you want me or not! :shock: Maybe not with a white robe but I'll try and bring my black belt and some geta, or you may ask me to go barefoot. And I expect Maz to fetch me on Panthera.
yegerfin wrote:Prepare some boars :wink: in case i do
There's forest, a few neckbreakers of yours should do the rest. I'm sure Wolfgang will kindly provide the rest of us with a tinderbox to roast the scraps .. ahem ... heaps of (raw) boar meat ... you left.

stilgar
Champion

#14 Post by stilgar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:09 am

Well I guess I have heard beers.. In that case I shall bring one of my favourite personal artifacts. Description below:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/756e/

and hopefully No one will leave anything behind.. last time a friend was lousy packing after a party happened this:

http://voffka.com/archives/Novotel.jpg

:lol:

jezz
Hero

#15 Post by jezz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:25 am

Luckily for you, most likely I won't be able to go either since - I hope - tomorrow I'll start working in the "Conselleria de Sanitat" ;)

But I don't think it will take me long to discover a way to play Geas while I'm at work... Any experienced "worker" giving me any hints? :P

stilgar
Champion

#16 Post by stilgar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:30 am

jezz wrote:Luckily for you, most likely I won't be able to go either since - I hope - tomorrow I'll start working in the "Conselleria de Insanitat" ;)
I allways knew , sooner or later everyone finds his rightful place :twisted:

Though I'm not happy you won't come :cry:

chara
Wizard

#17 Post by chara » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:48 am

Now that you're working is the perfect time to come to a party. You'll even get paid for the time off!

yegerfin
Journeyman

#18 Post by yegerfin » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:54 am

Ok, i got a chance for a cheap ticket today, and i took it....

Which means, chance that i'll come rised up to 99%, and you'll have to put up with me from 19th till 23rd of august....

More details: I'll be arriving by plane, to Munich, on the 19th, at around 11:35

If someone else can decipher anything more (that's usable) from my confirmation of reservation, here it goes:

--- RLR ---

RP/BEGYU2609/BEGYU2609 GP/SU 6JUL05/1315Z YXN5AZ

1.PEJAKOV/DARKO MR

2 JU 342 K 19AUG 5 BEGMUC HK1 0925 1135 *1A/

3 JU 343 K 23AUG 2 MUCBEG HK1 1225 1425 *1A/

4 AP BEG 381 11 322 0600 - ZODAX D.O.O. - A

5 TK TL06JUL/1700/BEGYU2609

6 RC BEGYU2609-W/063/329920

So i guess i'll see you all there ;)

chara
Wizard

#19 Post by chara » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:36 pm

Woo! That's awesome! :)

korsario
Experienced

Mud party

#20 Post by korsario » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:02 am

Hello people,
I would really love to go to the mudparty, cant assure anything, but I will start looking for a ticket... the main problem is that I'm working at that time, and wont have more than a weekend... and 'may be' one day more... :? But will try my best... (again no promises)
And if I can, I just hope the german beer is good enough... as I dont think you have good rum over there... :evil:

Kors.