Sharpening NPC

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

louis
Champion

Sharpening NPC

#1 Post by louis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 am

Howdy Adventurettes and Adventurers,
we brought a new sharpening NPC into game - it is still beta, but already operative in Arborea. If you got comments or ideas, post them here.

PS: The prices are not final yet, just a rough proposal for now. What would you mean should such a service cost?

Aturshus
Veteran

Re: Sharpening NPC

#2 Post by Aturshus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 am

The NPC itself seems to function very well. I tested it several times with no hiccups. There is a concern because repair is already obsolete because repairs are so cheap, but sharpening is something people often do while they are out doing things too, so I don't think it will kill the use of that skill. Prices as they are right now do seem ok, if just a little bit low. My personal suggestion is to raise the handling fee by something like 1 silver and leave the rest of it alone.

I like that the npc can sharpen a weapon all the way, this makes the service useful even to people who can sharpen their own weapon. Sure, they can keep it nice and sharp out in the field, but it doesn't hurt to visit the sharpener when you get back to town and get it touched up too. But that being said, maybe a special price should be implemented for weapons that never dull. ;) Since they will then remain at perfect sharpness forever, so it should be something a good bit more expensive. (Under the pretense that they are harder to sharpen, maybe.)

Dax
Beginner

#3 Post by Dax » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Vicky is broken.

She took the weapons and slide her hand along the grindstone and that was it. She never took the coins, or started to sharpen the weapons. Nor did she return them.

Also, I think the prices should double!

Aslak
Master

#4 Post by Aslak » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:34 am

Dax wrote: Also, I think the prices should double!
I think if she keeps the weapon, the current price is quite fair :D

Dax
Beginner

#5 Post by Dax » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah yeah.

Oh, Noryb fixed her....quite violently.

Aturshus
Veteran

#6 Post by Aturshus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Current price is half off according to the sign there. Do you mean double the actual price or double half the price? ;)

louis
Champion

#7 Post by louis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Noryb is just mean to her *sniff*

Noryb
Professional

#8 Post by Noryb » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:51 pm

:shock: